Greetings from SoCal :-) Any other vegans out there?

delilah122
delilah122 Posts: 41
edited 2:08PM in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I lost 50 lbs. in the last three years by getting healthy, going vegan... but I've been stuck with 25 lbs. to go. I think this will be the key if I can stick with it. Any other vegans out there?:happy:

Replies

• katie9730
    katie9730 Posts: 24
    HI! I'm Katie. I'm actually a vegetarian, but lactose intolerant and borderline vegan (I basically only eat eggs for dairy). Feel free to add me!
  • Hi, Kate. I'm finding this system extremely helpful because I'm always concerned about eating enough protein. It turns out that I've been getting well over the recommended daily amount. It's so user friendly.
  • Hi I'm Shannon! I've been vegetarian for 11 years and a lot of that time a vegan. I lost a lot of weight as a vegan, but gained it back upon becoming a vegetarian in culinary school. Right now I am considering going back to being a vegan. I live in the SoCal area too!
    :tongue:
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Greetings from SoFlo! :happy:

I'm veggie - though I'm flirting with vegan. I don't do any eggs, or milk... I still eat cheese from time to time when I can't find a good Soy cheese to replace it.

I lost about 40 lbs when I first went veggie - but, have stalled out since then. Feel free to add me as well, I post vegan recipes in my blog a lot.
  • What do you all mean when you say "add me"?
  • CookieCatCatcher
    What do you all mean when you say "add me"?

You can add people as friends, sort of like Facebook.
  • Oh, duh... can you tell I'm new?
  • katie9730
    I eat a lot of beans for protein - Edamame is excellent (it has about 30% of the daily recommended amount of protein) I also eat a lot of cashews, peanuts, etc. and drink either rice milk or almond breeze.
  • katie9730
    Oops, I thought you said you weren't getting enough protein.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Oh, duh... can you tell I'm new?

Its ok, it takes a little bit to get used to the site, but, there are a lot of really great features - so take the time to explore and get acclimated!
  • Thanks, girls.. it's going to be nice to have support. It's nice meeting all of you. I sent friend requests and I'm going to explore the site. I've been using it only a couple of days from my iPhone, but this is much more interesting. Have a great evening.
  • Vegans unite! lol I'm new and looking for vegan support too
This discussion has been closed.