Greetings from SoCal :-) Any other vegans out there?

Options
Hello. I lost 50 lbs. in the last three years by getting healthy, going vegan... but I've been stuck with 25 lbs. to go. I think this will be the key if I can stick with it. Any other vegans out there?:happy:

Replies

• katie9730
    katie9730 Posts: 24
    Options
    HI! I'm Katie. I'm actually a vegetarian, but lactose intolerant and borderline vegan (I basically only eat eggs for dairy). Feel free to add me!
  • delilah122
    Options
    Hi, Kate. I'm finding this system extremely helpful because I'm always concerned about eating enough protein. It turns out that I've been getting well over the recommended daily amount. It's so user friendly.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    Hi I'm Shannon! I've been vegetarian for 11 years and a lot of that time a vegan. I lost a lot of weight as a vegan, but gained it back upon becoming a vegetarian in culinary school. Right now I am considering going back to being a vegan. I live in the SoCal area too!
    :tongue:
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Greetings from SoFlo! :happy:

I'm veggie - though I'm flirting with vegan. I don't do any eggs, or milk... I still eat cheese from time to time when I can't find a good Soy cheese to replace it.

I lost about 40 lbs when I first went veggie - but, have stalled out since then. Feel free to add me as well, I post vegan recipes in my blog a lot.
  • delilah122
    Options
    What do you all mean when you say "add me"?
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options
    What do you all mean when you say "add me"?

You can add people as friends, sort of like Facebook.
  • delilah122
    Options
    Oh, duh... can you tell I'm new?
  • katie9730
    Options
    I eat a lot of beans for protein - Edamame is excellent (it has about 30% of the daily recommended amount of protein) I also eat a lot of cashews, peanuts, etc. and drink either rice milk or almond breeze.
  • katie9730
    Options
    Oops, I thought you said you weren't getting enough protein.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options
    Oh, duh... can you tell I'm new?

Its ok, it takes a little bit to get used to the site, but, there are a lot of really great features - so take the time to explore and get acclimated!
  • delilah122
    Options
    Thanks, girls.. it's going to be nice to have support. It's nice meeting all of you. I sent friend requests and I'm going to explore the site. I've been using it only a couple of days from my iPhone, but this is much more interesting. Have a great evening.
  • veganhoneys
    Options
    Vegans unite! lol I'm new and looking for vegan support too