30 Day Shred - what size weights do you use?

Options
I'm currently on Level 1 and I use 5 lbs for most all of it, but I end up using 2 or 3 lb weights for that darn side lunge and anterior arm raise. Those muscles of mine are SO weak! What size weights do you use?

Replies

• iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't use any hand weights at all, just my own body weight, but then that's part of my modifications right now. I hope to build up to needing them but right now just moving in those ways is working me out!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I often switch weights when doing the 30 day shred. Some things I can handle, and others I cant. The most important thing with that DVD is that you keep moving the entire 20 min, so use whatever makes you comfortable. Keep a couple of weights by your side if you need to.
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I too switch between the 5 and the 2
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I dont own hand weights, due to being broke, so I used 14.5 oz canned green beans! Those are in my kitchen and alreayd paid for :happy:
  • sethra
    sethra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5lbs currently but after a bit i sometimes have to put the weights down
  • jlprovost
    jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I dont own hand weights, due to being broke, so I used 14.5 oz canned green beans! Those are in my kitchen and alreayd paid for :happy:

Haha I'm the same way. Due to being broke I usually use one of my college textbooks. My nursing medical surgical one weighs 15lbs alone.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    2kg weights (~ 4.4 pounds)