Do you make meals at home all the time?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    We cook every meal at home, breakfast/lunch/dinner. On work days we bring something that doesn't have to be refridgerated so its cup of Cambell's soups and Clif bars at the moment. :) Otherwise too expensive and unhealthy to eat out and its more special if we do it less often. In our opinion anyways!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    To avoid spoilage and combat a small food budget I rely a lot on canned fruit (packed in juice) and frozen vegetables. I keep all my cheese frozen and when my yogurt gets near it's expiration date I toss it in the freezer too (super delicious).
    I usually got to the store every few days to replenish my fresh produce (it's a 1 and 1/2 mile walk so I count it was exercise).
    I bake myself a fresh batch of pita bread every few weeks.
  • cpanzeri
    cpanzeri Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to make elaborate meals, but it got expensive, so then we started eating out, that got expensive. So no we eat simple. We eat tacos and salad nearly every night for dinner. There is such a variety of tacos that we never get tired of it. For breakfast it is either cereal and a fruit, or toast and cottage cheese and a fruit, or one egg and yogurt. For lunch I make tuna salad . Very simple and I don't have to think about it, that is what is making losing weight much easier this time around!!
  • Ver2
    Ver2 Posts: 37
    Options
    What brand of taco stuff do you use? I love tacos but tortillas always scare me D: