Introduction from new user in New Zealand :-)

Options
Hey guys!

Thought i would pop in here and introduce myself. I have just downloaded the iphone Myfitnesspal app and love it.

I am 23 years old, live in New Zealand and am currently studying Medicine at Auckland University.

I downloaded the app as a maintenance tool after slowing loosing about 33kg over the past 4-5 years. I started off at 85kg at the age of 17 and am now approximately 53 kg. While my weight loss journey has been successful, it can be just as difficult to maintain and so here i am :-)

I am an avid runner and attend the gym 5 days a week. I'm really hoping to meet some other like-minded people on the forums.

Cheers
Rachel

Replies

• Imvidal
    Imvidal Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome. I just started with this myself and I have become addicted. It's amazing support.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Arizona, USA! Glad to have you here =)
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on your achievement!

I'm a fellow Kiwi and have been on MFP for a couple of months now. I've found lots of useful information here in the threads. Even better, I've found lots of motivation and support.

All the best! :smile:
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievements so far!!

If you want you can add me as a friend.
  • jess_ellen
    Options
    Hi Rachel, I'm finding the site wonderful. Really great support, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Greetings Kiwi! =0) Glad to have you on here. Have yourself a wonderful day and if you need any support hit me up.
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel well done I would live to achieve same goal as you but it will take me a while. How do you balance your study n excercise? most docs I work with are fitness fanatics so I always feel lazy in comparison, guess I need to hit gym more in between shifts. All the best with your maintenence :-)