Xbox Kinect - calories burnt?

cerilee
cerilee Posts: 11 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
We have an Xbox Kinect which we play daily, but I am unsure what to class the 'Adventures' game as. All I know is that I am knackered after playing it for half an hour and my house is barely left in one piece!

Anyone know how I can best describe this in the exercise log, or how many calories this would burn if I add it to the database?'

Replies

• great topic! I need an answer as well!
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Same here! I'd love to know as I play a lot too
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    You can buy games like your shape etc which will estimate your calories burnt based on your profile weight and height. Try buying a game like that, some of the exercise routines are really fun too, and hard! Plus it shows your body on the screen to see if you are making enough effort, so if you don't lift your arms high enough or squat low enough for example it will tell you off. ;)
  • I usually enter it as Aerobics low impact. not sure if that would be right, But it seemed to be the closest exercise type I could find
  • cerilee
    Thanks, I have Shape Up but it made me wonder what on earthI burn on Dance Central as I always seem more tired after that game!
  • cerilee
    I usually enter it as Aerobics low impact. not sure if that would be right, But it seemed to be the closest exercise type I could find

That is what I popped it on as well, I suppose it gives a good estimate anyway :-)
This discussion has been closed.