Guaranteed way to attract lovers

Options
So you might think the best way to attract lovers is to lose all your extra weight. That wouldn't hurt, but that's not the key.

Here's the bottom line - if you want someone to be attracted to you - you better like yourself and then you can attract others (not all) just by virtue of feeling good about yourself. I'm feeling good because I'm nearing in on two months food sober. Two months where I checked in on my daily calories, worked out and usually ate balanced foods (not today) AND even though I still am over 300 (down 24) I can tell women are more attracted to me then before. It can't be I'm slim (I'm not) it's that I feel better about myself because I'm taking care and my food is not out of control.

So just by virtue of taking care of ourselves we attract more potential lovers without even being near to our goals.

You don't need six pack abs to attract. I have 24 pack abs(that's a joke FYI).

We all complain that everyone or most people are only attracted to slim people. I think that's a half truth. What I believe is that people are attracted to healthy people and a person who is on track to recovery glows in a way that says, "I have my act together, I feel good, I move better and I am sexy hear me roar!" And that's attractive. Even if you are 76 pounds from your goal - like me.

Replies

• Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I believe you stated this in a post just a few minutes ago. I feel my confidence growing as the days go by. Not sure if I'm putting out enough "vibe" yet to attact women as I'm still over 500lbs.:sad: :blushing:
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Self confidence (not to the extent of arrogance!) is definitely attractive. If you feel badly about yourself you don't smile at people, and somtimes a simple smile makes you so attractive to others!
  • allanaaron
    allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Gary a friend of mine dropped from 500 to the low 300s and slowly but surely he started attracting women and got a girl friend. People who are showing results as they stick to it become charismatic and attractive to some people (never all, no such thing) You are on the way and as you achieve some numbers people will be emboldened by your courage, inspired to challenge themselves and see you in a new light and that is very attractive never mind your own growth. Go for it!!!
  • allanaaron
    Options
    I agree, a smile and eye contact, very attractive.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Thanks All. I've been going on this journey for about 2 months now and have dropped nearly 80lbs. I know that in time I'll feel comfortable enough about myself to start talking to new people in public. Thanks for your story and your encouragement.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Well done Gary, 80 pounds is a lot to lose in such a short space of time that you must have declared war on being unhealthy! Keep at it and pray for strength when you need it, you will reach your goals and find your confidence along the way :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    So true. I'm still 67 lbs. overweight but last night I went out on the town for, really, the first time all year. People regarded me completely differently. I made about a dozen new friends, guys and girls, and had a blast. Back in Nov. or Dec. when I went out I felt invisible. That can't have more to do with my weight than personality. It feels awesome to be getting back to my old self. :)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    good point jolly well made
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It is interesting to see how peoples prespective change from family, friends, co-workers and complete strangers.
  • allanaaron
    Options
    People's perceptions do change and I have a painful perspective on that having lost 120 lbs. gaining back 80+ and now down 25 or so. I've met some people who resent how excited people are to witness their weight loss and share their enthusiasm. But I have mostly enjoyed the cheerleaders. I've watched as those same people sadly watched me throw it all away, stop counting my calories and cut work outs down significantly. And now I am getting close to the weight where people will start noticing again. This is not my first up/down journey - I believe I know how to make sure this is my last trip down to health again (have to count calories and workout 7 hours a week minimum for the rest of my life) BUT I have heard "kind" souls say to me "Ah Allan, losing weight again, well don't gain it back like you did last time." That stings. But the obvious place of healing can not be found in the comments of others, it has to be inside myself. One way I plan to fight back is cutting people off at the pass with a positive attitude and a strong claim to my game plan. But I got to tell you, it feels so good to be back in the saddle, taking care of myself and seeing results. Please "God" let me learn my lessons here.