Hey all!!

Options
I have been coming to MFP for 3 weeks now, but I was afraid to introduce myself because I know how I can be with diets- after 3-4 days of dieting I usually give up. I didnt want to waste any of your time welcoming me to the community until I knew I was committed to this new lifestyle.

Well after 3 weeks and 8 pounds(!!!) it is time to take advantage of this website's biggest weapon- the amazing supportive community of people that are all in the same boat as me!!

The first 2 days I tracked everything I normally would eat ignoring the all the data on what I was consuming. I wanted to see where my weaknesses were. Well I found out i snack WAY TOO MUCH and my portions were out of control!! 2000 + calories over my allowed amount. After that I started measuring amounts and slowly cutting down my snacking. Who knew my breakfast bowls could hold 2 1/2 cups of cereal!!

Since going to restaurants is the main way I socialize with my friends and family I cant cut going to restaurants out of my life. So last week when I went out with them I opt for fish stuffed with crab (375 calories) instead of big juicy cheese steak ( 925 calories).. its baby steps to some, but huge leaps for me!

Anyways, I would love to go on and on but I doubt any of you would really want to read a much longer post than this. So I want to say hello, and I really hope this is a start to some great friendships!!

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Good job on your 8 pounds =)
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Brilliant Job on your 8lb !

Carry on with the fantastic work !

xx
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    aww thanks guys!! You dont know how excited I am that people are actually replying!! :)
  • Xanadar
    Xanadar Posts: 23
    Options
    keep up the good work.
  • crazeness
    crazeness Posts: 91
    Options
    Hello, great work on your weight loss so far.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!!! you are doing great. just a few changes will make a big difference and add exercise on top of it and you'll be amazed what will happen.

but try not to think of this as a diet in the sense of the word as it is used in today's world. the word diet means what you eat and there are all kinds of diets. there are junk food diets, fast food diets, grapefruit diets, etc., etc., etc. i think of this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. i can eat anything i want but in moderation and planning.

if you can get away from the processed foods (stuff in the boxes) and start cooking with fresh ingredients it will: A: make you feel better, B: help with your weight loss goals and C: help your body be more efficient. you will find that after you start eating healthier that you will not want all the stuff that is not good for you.

congrats again on your loss and i wish all the best wth your journey.

vicky jo
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Isn't it amazing how one can unknowingly sabotage their own weight loss efforts, and not only that but their health? That's why this site is great; it lets you get things 'down on paper' and puts things into a new persepctive for you. Not to mention the great support you'll find here to help you along the way to a healthier lifestyle.

Keep up the great work!
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    aww thank you for the wonderful words guy!! It seems every obstacle I am coming across I can search for that topic and its already being discussed. I love that!!

I do have a question do most of you customize the % distribution of your calories or use the suggested protein/fat/car daily amount??