Mc donalds !!!!

Options
I had mc donalds yesterday a filet o fish no cheese no sauce and about 7 mc nuggets. I know not a good day :( the sandwich was 270 calories and 350 calorie for the nuggets . Can you guys tell me some bad things about mc donalds so I will ne'er touch it again. Dang those chicken. Nugget always so good

Replies

• ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I can tell you a story that will make you never eat mcnuggets again. But I warn you, it is not for the faint of heart. And its graphic, so I can't retell it in the forums.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I like McDonald's and I just can't bash them for them being what they are. There better choices there, you just have to get them.
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    Processed, preservative, awful calories and carbs, not to mention a ridiculous amount of sodium.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I once saw a mice run through the McDonalds in Manhattan Mall!!! Ewwww
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I like McDonald's and I just can't bash them for them being what they are. There better choices there, you just have to get them.

i agree. OR you can avoid them all together, OR exercise to gain those cals back
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options

I totally AGREE! But, if you haven't seen the movie Super Size Me, watch it and you may not eat it quite so often. LOL!
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    I love Mc Donalds too. However I rarely eat it now. When I do within about 10 minutes I am starving hungry again. I also feel sick. I think the smell gets to you. I can remember when i was at uni i went into a Mc d's to just get a milkshake as i fancied one! I walked in smelt the chips smelt the burgers and had to get all 3 and felt terrible afterwards as it didn't taste as good as it smelt and i had been so determined not to eat the fries or burger!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    ewwww, go watch Fast Food Nation and Supersize Me. i did and havent been to any fast food place since december.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I totally AGREE! But, if you haven't seen the movie Super Size Me, watch it and you may not eat it quite so often. LOL!

That movie took it to the extreme. Even if you make 'smart' choices at restarants like that, and ate there for EVERY MEAL you'd gain weight, too. You're (hopefully) making a lifestyle change, not reaching your goal weight and going back to your old habits. Ask yourself if it's unrealistic for you to never have a fish sandwich from there again. My guess is you will end up wanting, and eating, one again. It's all about how you eat and exercise the rest of the day (or week, really) and work around that. If it's a place you can't make a healthier decision or resist temptation, don't beat yourself up. We all have those moments.
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    A Grilled chicken salad with a lowfat dressing and a diet coke or unsweet tea us a good choice:) if you know you're going there, check out the nutrionak menu online or just look up items in the MFP database, that info should keep you on track.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's. I eat there every day! I just eat what's healthy. The salads (with lowfat balsamic dressing and grilled chicken) the grilled chicken wraps, fruit and walnut salads, parfaits and even the ice cream cones are lowfat and only 150 calories. It's not neccessarily where you eat but what you choose to eat.
    Losing weight is all about choices.
    And they will make anything you want without salt.
    And there are no mice at my McDonalds.

And btw, in Supersize me, he made incredibly bad choices.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the grilled chicken classic with a side salad and coke zero. It is all about better choices.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    FRIED/GRILLED HEART VALVE CLOGGING SODIUM BLOCKS ALL PACKAGE UP PRETTY....enjoy :smile:
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Chicken Nuggets are about 44% chicken. Less than HALF of each nugget.

http://www.thehealthyboy.com/2010/06/whats-really-in-mcdonalds-chicken.html

^_^
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Watch Supersize Me, I love that movie, but I do sometimes crave fast food, so I just get a Happy Meal.

This is what is in chicken nuggets if you need to be grossed out:
    http://www.eatingrealfood.com/articles/mechanically-separated-chicken/
  • nigeldo
    nigeldo Posts: 3
    Options
    Usually there is a Subway nearby to MacDonalds - this is a far better option than deep fried or processed salty food that they serve at MacDs.

Alternatively get some fruit and put it in your backpack (bananas or apples) and if you find yourself heading to MacDonalds reach in your bag and eat a piece of fruit - then donate the money you would have spent in MacDonalds to your favourite charity (such as Livestrong) - you should feel really good about this!!
    :bigsmile:
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Check the Food Database for The Big Tasty (UK), 835 calories in one burger!!! ..............and get a load of the sodium, ouch!!!!
  • lazywriter
    Options

And there are no mice at my McDonalds.

That you seeeeee.
  • SophieAnnise
    Options
    erm my friend found a talon in her mcchicken sandwich.... doesn't really put me off though. mmmm macdonalds...
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds, too...lol......I call it Raunchy Ron's Steakhouse. :bigsmile: