Calling All Toned and Tight Tummies (Or close to it)

Options
Hi pals! Ok, heres the dilly: I've been successful in my healthier new lifestyle so far (there has and continues to be big BUMPS in the road, however I try to work my way thru them).

My recent dilemna (this week lol) is my tummy... its not toned (AT ALL) :cry:

So I was wondering if you all could post some before/after tummy pics and tell me how you did it. I know its a weird request but I need HELP!

Thanks

Replies

• dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    bump!
  • emmap123b
    emmap123b Posts: 17
    Options
    glad u asked this this is what i struggle with xx
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    bummmmmmp! :)
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wowee - just looked at your pics, hot thing! How did you lose it all? (I'm also struggling with my tummy, so I'll be watching your responses)
  • frecks
    frecks Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    omg your pics are fantastic! well done! x
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I've lost about 20 pounds and went from flabby to pretty toned. What has really helped me is Pilates. I try to do at least 30 minutes of some sort of Pilates a day. My core strength has greatly improved and I've definitely toned my tummy. I can actually see definition in it now, not to mention it's a lot flatter. :)

I'll work on finding some pictures, I know I have some old bikini pictures somewhere.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I wish I had a before pic. Me in my icon is the end result of P90X which has you do an ab workout three times a week for 15 minutes each. I couldn't believe how effective that little 15 minutes is. It doesn't seem like it would be a long time, but it feels like forever! It works all parts of the stomach. My lower abs are especially toned feeling. See if you can't get your hands on a copy of Ab Ripper X from P90X and give it a shot. Or better yet youtube it.. there are tons of videos of people demonstrating the work out.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    *bump* - my tummy needs help too!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet but I asked this question before and the answers I got was to eat extremely clean (veggies, chicken breast, fish and water) and continue with my cardio, strength training, planks and side planks.

I can't wait to see the pics and replies though
  • lala26105
    lala26105 Posts: 47
    Options
    uhm before when i lost i used a sauna belt easy get out but it worked
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a before pic. Me in my icon is the end result of P90X which has you do an ab workout three times a week for 15 minutes each. I couldn't believe how effective that little 15 minutes is. It doesn't seem like it would be a long time, but it feels like forever! It works all parts of the stomach. My lower abs are especially toned feeling. See if you can't get your hands on a copy of Ab Ripper X from P90X and give it a shot. Or better yet youtube it.. there are tons of videos of people demonstrating the work out.

Ok thanks! I will look into the ab Ripper! and i forgot all about good old "youtube" they have everything on there!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    omg your pics are fantastic! well done! x

Thanks!! Work in progress!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pic's, but what has worked for me is sit-ups, oblique twists and hanging knee raises. All of those work your ab's to the max and will help with tightening that up. I generally do my sit ups and oblique twists with a six pound medicine ball, so that also adds more resistance and more burn.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Wowee - just looked at your pics, hot thing! How did you lose it all? (I'm also struggling with my tummy, so I'll be watching your responses)

Thank you! Its been a bunch of trial and error for me. But if i had to summarize I would say: I exercise my tail off!! (downside to that is I dont eat enough so it may have slowed my progress) and basically keeping my food stats under my daily totals (this site is awesome for that).

As far as "what" I ate, now thats where the majority of my trial and error has been. As women, I think we really need to pay attention and listen to our bodies. I get soooo much help from people on this site and I do thake note of what they eat. But in the end I have to do what works for me. But I've tried it all low carbs, 5 - 6 meals a day, gluten free, sugar free, food free (lol). I think my body likes the low carb eating (it has given "me" the best results). I still incorporate "some" carbs (the good ones tho) and I eat fruit (which alot of atkins folks dont do). I also dont eat anything with partially hydrogenated oil or high fructose corn syrup, keep my sodium around the 2000 mark or under and I still watch for gluten..

Hope this helps you! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yup - you're right - it is trial and error and what works for one, may not work for another. I also do really well with low-carb and some good carbs. My body seems to really like low-carb, and I think its because I have diabetes in my family. Anyhow - keep up the good work!

And by the way, what are some of your favorite low carb foods? I eat a lot of cheese sticks, nuts, tuna and V8.
  • starboardzor
    Options

Ok thanks! I will look into the ab Ripper! and i forgot all about good old "youtube" they have everything on there!

Gotta love the internet. I changed my headlights and fixed a circuit board in my TV thanks to youtube vidoes!
  • mierla
    mierla Posts: 25
    Options
    http://findingthinagain.tumblr.com/post/2860851235/new-ab-workout
    Or 30 day shred.

The workout above covers pretty much everything, I just pick and choose which ones I want to/can (!) do, and do as many reps and I can :)
    But this girl has insane abs...
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    wowzer
  • tameka1220
    Options
    http://findingthinagain.tumblr.com/post/2860851235/new-ab-workout
    Or 30 day shred.

The workout above covers pretty much everything, I just pick and choose which ones I want to/can (!) do, and do as many reps and I can :)
    But this girl has insane abs...

this website is AWESOME!! THANKS! and its a link to a best-abs-exercise.com website! I'm on my ab mission!