Aaaaaaand, I'm back.... how do I keep this up?

Options
Okay, so, I was doing really well when I first signed up for this and I actually lost about 4 pounds in only 2 weeks! And then, of course, life gets in the way and I slowly go back to old habits. Well, I gained those 4 pounds back and also another 1.6 and I just can't do it anymore. This is the fattest I've ever been and I am HATING it! I have to lose this weight. I don't have any clothes to wear and I can't buy more, so I just have to get rid of this weight! How do you all do it? How do you keep going strong when you get so busy with life?!

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    take a step back, plan out ur day, try to get at least 1 hr of exercise a day, and then work ur way. Plan your food the night before... Keep telling yourself, this is more important than anything else, after a while it will click!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't think this is rude, but...............Honestly, you have to quit making excuses and, as Nike says, JUST DO IT! I made excuses for the last two years and instead of getting my weight down I satyed fat. I finally had a come to Jesus meeting with myself and I quit making excuses. Now I plan out my workouts and stick to them. I watch what I eat and I turn down the stuff that has made me fat. No excuses! I have twin girls that I basically care for at night since my wife works late. I could easily keep making excuses but I am done with that. If you want a friend to motivate you with some tough love, add me. If you want someone to sympathize with excuses skip me.
  • onefasternurse
    onefasternurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My life is crazy hectic as well. The one of the ways that I survive and keep losing weight is the phone app. I am on the go so much, I rarely have the time to sit in front of a computer. Another way to stay strong and determined is to evaulate your "priorities" when choosing food.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't think this is rude, but...............Honestly, you have to quit making excuses and, as Nike says, JUST DO IT! I made excuses for the last two years and instead of getting my weight down I satyed fat. I finally had a come to Jesus meeting with myself and I quit making excuses. Now I plan out my workouts and stick to them. I watch what I eat and I turn down the stuff that has made me fat. No excuses! I have twin girls that I basically care for at night since my wife works late. I could easily keep making excuses but I am done with that. If you want a friend to motivate you with some tough love, add me. If you want someone to sympathize with excuses skip me.

I agree completely with you, I think we all have made excuses to get where we are. I don't want someone to say "Oh it's ok if you ate what you wanted to today, you can start tomorrow." I would rather someone tell me, knock it off, if you want to do this quit making excuses and do it. Not tomorrow. Starting right now, make healthy choices and get up and move your butt!
  • ascollette
    Options

Okay, you're right. i know i am being lazy. I'm going to add you as a firend :)
  • ascollette
    Options
    I have the app.... now I need to use it! :smile:
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Life gets in the way.
    I try and schedule everything. I feel sometimes that people/work/drama tries to derail me. If you're finding it hard to work in exercising try to schedule it or schedule with a friend to help keep you accountable. I used my mom as my buddy. We keep each other accountable to meet at the gym or a walk on nice evenings. Also, with my food choices, I had to map out the night before or even list for the week and groceries. If I have a dinner with a friend on a week night, then I adjust my meals accordingly for the rest of the week. It takes a bit of structure - something I had a hard time with at first. You'll get there.
  • onefinaltime
    Options
    'I am worth it' -tell yourself this and you will eventually believe it-good luck, it's difficult to lose weight but the end result is sooo worth it
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous advice. No excuses, phone app, buddy..... I think one of the things that has made me stick with this is the friends I have in my group. It is a small but supportive group and I feel accountable to them. They send me so much everyday that I don't want to let them down. I don't personally know any of them but they feel like they are my neighbors. The other item is owning my streak! I want to push 5 more days. Just hit that next milestone. And finally, I started this journey with a goal in mind that is not weight loss related. I told myself I was going to train for and run two 5ks this year. It gives me something to focus on besides calories in calories out. Best of luck!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Okay, you're right. i know i am being lazy. I'm going to add you as a firend :)

You have passed your first test. :bigsmile: