Snack idea

Options
So I have a problem with snacking, and even healthy snacks leave me hungry.
I have reently starting buying the bg bag of whole carrots... you know the kind we all think that only grandmas and farmers buy?!?!?! well,i dont cut it up and dip it, and i dont buy those soggy baby carrots. Just wash a giant carrot and munch on the whole thing. it takes FOREVER to eat, and by the time you are done, you are full, and turned off the idea of eating anything else. the advantage....low calories, high in fibre and vitamins.

Replies

• jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So I have a problem with snacking, and even healthy snacks leave me hungry.
    I have reently starting buying the bg bag of whole carrots... you know the kind we all think that only grandmas and farmers buy?!?!?! well,i dont cut it up and dip it, and i dont buy those soggy baby carrots. Just wash a giant carrot and munch on the whole thing. it takes FOREVER to eat, and by the time you are done, you are full, and turned off the idea of eating anything else. the advantage....low calories, high in fibre and vitamins.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What kind of dressing do you use?
  • jalopes
    Options
    none, you've gotta go hardcore, lol. just munch the carrot alone :smile:
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    OHHHH ok well I will try it I want to lose the weight so anything will help.
  • jalopes
    Options
    Good luck!!!! They are alot cheaper than the baby carrots too. I find it takes a good 20 minutes to eat a big carrot, especially since I dont love carrots to begin with. Apparently lots of chewing signals your brain that you are full.
  • kitt8980
    kitt8980 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just some advice. I have talked with health nuts before and they say you want to eat about 6 small meals a day. So snacking on other foods that are healthy wouldn't be to bad. It is a way to train your hunger that you eat at certan times. I eat popcor, yogert, carrots, and other things. Most of which are low in calories. Cause the less you from what I was told your body goes into starvation mode or something like that. I don't know if this helps or anything. But I thought I might bring it up just in case.:smile:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!! They are alot cheaper than the baby carrots too. I find it takes a good 20 minutes to eat a big carrot, especially since I dont love carrots to begin with. Apparently lots of chewing signals your brain that you are full.

I agree!! We have been buying the big carrots too... And you just get so tired of chewing by the end that you just don't feel like eating. I found the same thing with eating 1/4 cup of almonds pretty quickly. My jaw actually kinda gets sore!