Craving Salt!!!

Options
Oh, this is such a weakness of mine! I salt while I cook and salt while I eat, but I've been giving up some of it to an extent. Today; however, I wanted something salty so bad that I went and got some Cape Cod "salt & vinegar" chips. I halfed the bag with my son, so I didn't take in the whole 2.25oz bag. I ate about 150cal worth though and only half a sandwich. I gave up my soda (only one a day) for those chips! I'm totally satisfied now, thank goodness!! I don't get cravings much anymore, but wheewww, that was a tough one! Okay, I'm better now:ohwell:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is such a weakness of mine! I salt while I cook and salt while I eat, but I've been giving up some of it to an extent. Today; however, I wanted something salty so bad that I went and got some Cape Cod "salt & vinegar" chips. I halfed the bag with my son, so I didn't take in the whole 2.25oz bag. I ate about 150cal worth though and only half a sandwich. I gave up my soda (only one a day) for those chips! I'm totally satisfied now, thank goodness!! I don't get cravings much anymore, but wheewww, that was a tough one! Okay, I'm better now:ohwell:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Way to give in without hurting your goals too much. Congrats!!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Way to give in without hurting your goals too much. Congrats!!

Thanks! Did I say mention how tough that was? lol I'm a survivor :tongue:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have salt cravings too! I typically reach for dill pickles that tends to help and calorie wise not a bad choice. i switched to sea salt too, it is wonderful. Good luck.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    i crave salt once in a while too - you know, we do need sodium, so it's good to listen to your body. For a while, I cut sodium out entirely - my intake was in the low hundreds, and I felt awful after exercising!

Then one day I splurged and ate preztels after swimming, and I felt so much better! Odd, but a little sodium is not a bad thing.
  • jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try using natural sea salts, and put it in a grinder. They are healthier than the iodized table salt, but you still get a bit of your craving satisfied.