Tested the Vacuum pose

Options
Ok so I read on here a little over a week ago about the vacuum pose in which if you do this 9 times a day for 20-30 seconds you will supposedly lose up to an inch off of your waist in about 8 days. So I thought whats to lose I'll give it a try and then let you guys know whats up. I have done the vacuum pose consistently for 7 days (I forgot one day). Also I have not lost a pound....I kinda had a bad week, I didn't gain any weight but I didn't lose any either. Also to make it even more fair I also didn't really exercise all week either other than gardening one day. So with only doing the vacuum pose and not losing weight or doing any other form of exercise, I was very surpised to see that yes I did lose a little over a half inch off of my waist. So if your looking for a little extra off the waist, then give this a try, it was easy didn't take me long and I would do it sitting, standing, laying down so you can do it practically anywhere. Good luck to all that try it, and let me know if anyone else out there has had luck with this little exercise.

Oh and here's how to do it if you don't feel like looking it up.
do 9 reps for 20-30 sec each, you don't have to do them all at once you can spread them throughout your day.
You start by tightening your abs and visualizing your belly button touching your spine, don't hold your breath just tighten your abs and hold them that way so you really feel like your belly button is begin pulled into your spine. Maintain good posture, breath normally and hold for 20-30 seconds. Release....that's one. When I did it I felt a light burn all over my abs including my obliques extending around my sides.

Replies

• bfrice1
    bfrice1 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm going to try it - even if you don't lose weight, it seems like it's putting your stomach muscles in shape.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Interesting. If you had not tested it I would say it is BS but since it worked for you I will give it a shot. Not like I have a lot top lose if it doesnt work.
  • unckat09
    unckat09 Posts: 97
    Options
    This is an absolute serious question as I have never heard of the "vacuum pose". Does it actually involve a vacuum?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Also I am always looking for ways to make my figure more hourglass, Thats why I initially gave this exercise a try, If anyone else has any hourglass exercises please share I would love to know more.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    This is an absolute serious question as I have never heard of the "vacuum pose". Does it actually involve a vacuum?

There is the directions on how to do it is in the post :)
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Ive also heard that butt clenching and seated leg raises help ??? Anyone know if they do?
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried the pose, but I own a residential cleaning service and vacuum on most days. No muffin top here, and a pretty trim stomach. I say kill two birds with one stone, just do the (sucking in) while you vacuum, plus you get the weight of the vacuum itself.
  • unckat09
    unckat09 Posts: 97
    Options

I read that, but am I supposed to hold the vacuum, too? I am being 100% serious. I can seriously imagine holding the vacuum up, or out while tightening my abs at the same time!!! :smile:
  • Grimmerick
    Options

I read that, but am I supposed to hold the vacuum, too? I am being 100% serious. I can seriously imagine holding the vacuum up, or out while tightening my abs at the same time!!! :smile:

Haha there is no vacuum needed, you can probably hold a vacuum if you wanted to though, I wouldn't do it while vacuuming though cause it really takes some concentration to do it correctly.