Is 30 day shred enough?

Options
Hi everyone
I started 30DS 2 days ago, I am about 197 5'4" I want to get down to 145 then reevaluate, should I also be doing some cardio or is the 30 DS enough?

Thanks

Replies

• BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm no fitness guru, but I would recommend doing more. Maybe walking for 30 minutes. I try to do my cardio before the 30DS because it loosens my sore muscles!
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm no fitness expert either. I've done 30DS and know it is quite a workout but I've read the mixing things up is helpful to keep our bodies losing and changing. I have a couple other Jillian Michaels DVD's and most of the Biggest Loser ones - I just change them up every few weeks and it has made a huge difference for me.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 12 and I'm wondering the same thing! I wanted to see what it would do by itself, but I gotta tell you, my weight loss has stalled. I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either.

I am seeing good results in my muscle tone, however. I haven't changed my eating, I don't usually go over my calories for any particular day.

I have toyed with the idea of doing 15-20 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical afterwards, but haven't yet because I really want to see what happens with 30 DS without anything else. I am going to level 2 today - later than others have I'm sure. That might make a big difference.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I gained weight doing the 30DS. Very disappointing. Anyway, I think extra cardio is always a good thing. Walk, jog, run, treadmill, whatever!
  • denise309
    Options
    I Have to tell you I got on the scale today, been eating within calories and was up .4 since MOnday and I KNOW thats not a big deal but it discouraged me, so I need to stay off scale and maybe I will add some cardio also, just a simple walk away the pounds dvd or something...not everyday but maybe 3 times a week plus 30 DS

Thanks everyone
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Everyone is different, but on days that I do the shred, it's ALL I do.

Charmagne
  • denise309
    Options
    OK...so I did 30 minutes of snow shoveling so gonna consider that cardio for the day...slow and steady now about to do day 3 30 DS
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm currently experimenting to find out :))
    I'm eating between 1250-1300 calories a day and am doing ONLY the 30DS.
    I'm on Day 6 - Level 1
    so far I've lost 1lb & I don't know how many inches but I'm definitely looking more toned around the hip areas.
    I've got a blog about it and I update it everyday.
  • doyoumeangreen
    doyoumeangreen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Personally used this program in the spring and really did work for me. It's amazing, but super hard for 20 minutes. The best part is it's only 20 minutes! You can fit it in to even your busiest day and holy crap does it transform your body fast!!! Getting back on this horse this month too :)
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    You can do it by itself, but I recommend you do some cardio with that also...every other day so to speak (:

Hope this helps.
  • AngieR45
    AngieR45 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm on Day 12 and I'm wondering the same thing! I wanted to see what it would do by itself, but I gotta tell you, my weight loss has stalled. I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either.

I am seeing good results in my muscle tone, however. I haven't changed my eating, I don't usually go over my calories for any particular day.

I have toyed with the idea of doing 15-20 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical afterwards, but haven't yet because I really want to see what happens with 30 DS without anything else. I am going to level 2 today - later than others have I'm sure. That might make a big difference.
  • AngieR45
    AngieR45 Posts: 21
    Options
    congrats on getting to level 2 on the 30 ds. Level one is kicking my butt.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS and 20+ minutes of elliptical cardio daily. I dropped a lot of weight initially with 30DS but it has now stalled. I moved on to L2 today so hope that will reboot me. My leg muscle tone is (without meaning to sound arrogant) really good already! I always had big calves and wobbly thighs and already they are solid and the muscles are really visible. But I do think 30DS is not enough alone. I do the cardio afterwards, it feels so easy compared to 30DS it acts kind of like a warm-down but with my heart still in 150-160s.