Home workout DVDs, which works best?

Options
MzChiz
MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
Out of the many home workout DVDs, which works best for you? Which have you tried and what results have you gotten and how long did it take?

I know of many...Turbofire, Jillian Michael's 30-day shred, P90x, and insanity....just to name a few.

Replies

• randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    My thoughts are that they all works as long as you do them ;) The key is finding one that you enjoy doing and that you actually do :) I do Taebo and Leslie Sansone walk at home videos :)
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    Out of the many home workout DVDs, which works best for you? Which have you tried and what results have you gotten and how long did it take?

I know of many...Turbofire, Jillian Michael's 30-day shred, P90x, and insanity....just to name a few.

the ones in which I actually push PLAY and EXERCISE along with seem to work the best..... the ones sitting on my DVD shelf collecting dust along with my DVD movie collection dont work so well....
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've had great success with Power 90 and P90X...results...116 lbs lost...no more heart or cholestoral meds...a new lease on life!
  • ahsweetstuff
    ahsweetstuff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS thats great!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 of Insanity now. No results yet but I am loving it!
  • KikiinVA
    KikiinVA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have done the Leslie Sansone walk videos - not bad for a low impact work out. Have really liked the Firm ones from a few years ago, like to mix up of cardio and strength. Like my kick boxing ones. I think what I am trying to say is VARIETY and actually doing them are the biggest key factors. All of them get old fast - the same music, the same jokes, the same encouragement day after day....
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    My thoughts are that they all works as long as you do them ;) The key is finding one that you enjoy doing and that you actually do :) I do Taebo and Leslie Sansone walk at home videos :)
    I love the Leslie Sansone walk at home dvds. That is what I started in the beginning, now I am doing the 30 day shred.
  • 13kita
    13kita Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a background in physical education and I find that Chalean's is quite balanced. I found it works well, as long as you eat properly! Workouts are a good length 30-50 mins, 5 days a week.
    Insanity is largely interval based and and my husband lost inches doing it without changing his eating habits. It is 6 workouts a week and the workouts are 45-65 mins each.
    P90x is definitely very intense, 6 workouts at an hour at least each. Good balance of strength, cardio, flexibility - like Chalean.
    All three programs give you exactly what workout to do everyday for the length of their program.
    Jillian's are good if you are not a truly experienced exerciser. She works you hard but you still feel like you can do it! And a good balance too. No program to follow though.

You really just have to figure out what you want to do. How long you want to commit to working out everyday, how many workouts a week, what type of workout you like (intervals, mainly strength, etc). There will be one out there that is right for you!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that say you have to find the one that keeps you motivated.

I've been faithful about doing and following the Insanity schedule going on my 7 month now, and have lost 48 lbs. and 4 dress sizes. I LOVE Insanity.

Good luck.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I REALLY like the Jillian Michaels, "No Trouble Zones" and "The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout". They are each about 50 min, but I feel like I get a better workout with these DVD's than just running or doing just cardio. do the BL Last Chance on days when it is raining (I am running a 5k soon and need to run) and do the other JM one 3 days a week. Good luck!!
  • runto130
    runto130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love the TaeBo workouts. I had recently purchase the P90X, but that seems to be too much for me to try to fit in with my half marathon training, full time job, and 4 kids. I think that if I had the time to do it the way it is recommended, then I would have great results. TaeBo is something that I have been doing for 3 years. I have done several differant varities of the workout as well. TaeBo Flex, TaeBo T3 Total Transformation is what I am currently doing. I also love the Ultimate TaeBo as well. But seem to have miss placed that DVD at the moment. I believe that as long as you push play at least 4 days a week and stick to a low caloried diet, then you should get great results from whatever you choose to try. Make sure you have a consistant support system as well...that helps out a lot. Good luck!