Need Some Emotional Support

Options
So I am waiting to hear from a company today about a job I interviewed for last week. It is my dream job and I am nervous as all heck.

My old self would have broke out the chocolate and soda. Have not done that at all today. I have stayed on my regular schedule. The positive thing, I have not started stress eating. The negative thing, I have not heard yet.

How do you cope with stress without food??

Replies

• emcando
    emcando Posts: 48
    Options
    Oh I so hope you get it. But remember - if you don't something better will come along.

Writing is a great tool! Talking to friends/family! And getting on the treadmill or working out is a great stress relief.

Hugs and hang in there.
    Emily
  • crazypenrod1508
    crazypenrod1508 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is my biggest problem too. No matter my mood I turn to food. What I have been doing is going for walks. Just put on some good music and go for a walk and try to block out everything else in your life.
  • lady_jules
    Options
    For me - meditation. Othewise the space inside me just fills with anticipation and darkness! Good luck.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Good luck in getting the job! You've done everything you can - let the stress go and visulize the job as yours!!! When I get wound and would ordinarily turn to food, I exercise or meditate - if food still calls, I break out the baby carrots!
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    I exercise some for the stress. If you can get away from the house phone since you are waiting on a call, get a change of scenery...go outside and away from the kitchen. Maybe garden a little. If you are stuck inside, look at some positive threads here or on other websites to calm your mind. Best of luck!
  • Krkoch82
    Krkoch82 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am still working on that one. I catch myself eating, usually from boredom, but I try cleaning or going outside.

Good luck to you! Hope you get it!
  • sctaylor74
    Options
    I have the same problem. Most of the time I can talk myself out of stress eating, but there are times that I will stuff my face. After I do that I usually feel guilty so I try to remind myself of that feeling of defeat and guilt before I do it. Try keeping your self busy so that there isnt time to think about food. I wish you well:)
  • rob_spitzer
    rob_spitzer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I stress eat like crazy.....when I find myself instinctivly going for the fridge I force myself outside and sprint 100 yards as fast as I can with my IPOD turned up on the hardest core song I can find, this acts as a distractor for me and I usually overcome it.
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Remember - what is meant to be, is meant to be. I know the feeling of wanting to hear and the excitement of hearing that I got it! I also know the let know and that something better really did come along. Either way, it always works out for the best. To deal with the stress I move on from it, I enjoy my day as if it's just an ordinary day. Exercise, eat right, go out with friends, watch a movie, paint, engross myself in a project, clean my whole house.....the list could go on. Keep yourself busy and distracted and when the call does come you will feel like it's just a regular call and THE ONE!!
  • tramik31
    tramik31 Posts: 17
    Options
    Claim it! Speak it into existence! You got it! Believe that...
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I love the MFP family. If nothing else, I walk away knowing I can deal with the stress. I am going running later.