The Skinny Husband Support Group.

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I hear you guys. Most of our married life I have been heavier than my husband. I was so excited to finally get down 25 lbs. below him, but now I'm pregnant and sure to be headed right back up there to his weight. Booo!! But, I will get right back at it, as soon as this baby gets here!!!
  • tebumgarner
    Options
    He might follow the path of my husband who sounds just like yours up until around 30-33 years old, when the metabolism fairy went away!! Flash forward 8 years, and he was nearly 60 lbs heavier than when we met. He has now had to relearn to eat, and must exercise to maintain.

Once gifted with the super-human ability to eat and drink anything, he is now a mortal man. :)
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hate not having the support of my skinny husband!!

He's 6' 3", and about 190 lbs. His idea of support is bringing home 10 1/2-gallons of breyers ice cream and then saying, "well, just don't eat it." In fact, we have so much ice cream in the freezer that sometimes there's not room for real food. I can't even be in the same room when he's eating it. Pardon my French, but this really pisses me off.

At least my daughter inherited his build, she is as tall, slim and graceful as a gazelle. Of course, she got my brains and creativity, not to mention my humility. I try to keep this in mind as I strain to have any willpower. ; )
  • stephwats84
    stephwats84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Tim just has always been small compared to me, he can eat whatever he wants and still look the same!! He has never said anything about my wieght unless I say that i want to lose but he really doesnt understand what I struggle with!! So I am there with you, he is supportive but again can eat what he wants and not care its hard for me to do!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Oh, girl...I know EXACTLY what you're going through. I have my treadmill in the bedroom and he has his xbox in the living room. Maybe we can pair up on MFP and they can pair up on xbox live and we can workout while they play games! lol

My husband is 6'0'' and weighs MAYBE 170 on a day he hasn't pooped yet. He can eat absolutely anything, whereas I look at something wrong and gain a pound!

For REAL! I saw you added me, so I'll give you his gamertag! What's your hubby play?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    "I'm working out! I found you an xbox friend -- go play with him and stop talking to me!!!"
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Omg, yes! Great thread! My hubby is a karate black belt and 6% body fat. He eats what he wants and doesn't gain a pound. I work out twice as much as him but still struggle with my diet. He doesn't get it at all. He thinks if you work out you can eat whatever you want. He is always cooking something heavy and delicious and gets mad if I don't eat a lot of it. He hates when I'm looking up or documenting calories or on mfp. It's all a silly waste of time in his opinion, although he's loved my results so far!

I do have to say I have noticed he naturally will only eat 1-2 full meals per day and only eat when he's hungry. He also forgets to eat when he's busy. How can I be like that? :grumble: I started looking into leangains because of him
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is thin and in excellent shape. He's 5'6" and is 145lbs - most of which is muscle.

When I'm down about not losing weight, he'll try and be supportive but I feel like it's hard for him to understand since he's trying to GAIN weight and I'm struggling to lose it. Don't get me wrong, I know he cares about me and wants to help, but I think it's hard for him to understand (just like it is hard for me to understand him wanting to gain -- though he wants to gain muscle and not fat).

He doesn't eat candy, cookies, etc as a rule. I'm the one with the sweet tooth, so he doesn't bring stuff home that he knows I want but can't have.

This is our situation - well, he is taller and lighter yet than that, but he needs to eat constantly. We both focus on being *healthy* rather than the perfect weight. I tease him a little about eating so much (seriously, who can eat three pieces of fruit in one sitting? An apple, a banana and an orange walk into a bar...), but we both weigh about what we did when we got together, so there is no question of each finding the other one super sexy!

For those of you who have junk food appearing in the house (Mom, is that you?), have you tried suggesting that they limit that kind of food to outside of the house? I mean, sure, you would rather they eat healthy like you, but we can't really force motivation on others. However, keeping it out of the house is a matter of respect. Or, perhaps you are living with my father and then, I must say, there really is no hope, he just isn't going to change.
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is about 45 pounds lighter than me. I know what it feels like to be a house next to a tree. Either though my goal weight isn't going to get me under his weight I think I'll be happier with what I look like standing next to him at that point. I do envy his bottomless pit of a stomach. I know what you gals mean when you get annoyed with their eating. I'll be talking on the phone with him and he will be stuffing his face with potato chips. He will never gain an ounce of fat either. But we've got to love our skinny guys! :heart:
  • classicshell
    Options
    OMG yes.

My husband used to be a very fat guy. 500 lbs, the whole bit. He lost it all, got down to 185, and has now gained back up to 230. So you'd think he'd understand, right? WRONG! WRONG WRONG WRONG!

He didn't lose weight because he wanted to. He got surgery, so he could get another surgery (he's got a long list of medical issues). Once he lost the weight, he got TOO skinny, and NEVER STOPPED EATING LIKE A FAT KID. He drinks three orange sodas a day (Because I limited him) and lives off of hot links and pizza lunchables. and SO MUCH CANDY!

He's gaining it back, so I'm trying to get healthier and get him in on it, but he doesn't really want to join me in this whole thing. He's going to ruin a $10,000 surgery by eating the way he does.

Oooh, I love him so much though, don't get me wrong. Feels kinda good to get that out. Bahaha. He's a great guy though, he's sweet and kind and caring.