SAHM 4/25 - 5/1

Options
Previous thread:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/219955-sahm-4-18-4-24

Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    tagging for later this morning...i am not awake enough to do a good reply yet :)
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! I hope everyone had a good Easter! I know I'm not alone in going over calories and not exercising My MIL was in town and her health isn't so good, so we stayed around home with the exception of church and dinner with friends from church last night. I tried to log calories from dinner but of course it's difficult without knowing what was all put into a dish. I guessed and I was over no big deal. I'm sure that through exercise and the calories left behind most of last week it will not do any damage. Today I was back in the gym at 6 for EVO , will go back later for cardio, and will be back to normal eating habits for me.

How did the rest of you do?
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    tagging for later. :smile:
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Holly - I'm right there with ya. Ate too much and exercised too little, not a good combo.

I'm so ready to get past 13 pounds, plan on hitting it hard this week. Hope everyone had a great holiday and is ready to start our week, back on the wagon. :)

Off to workout now that I've consumed enough water to take down an elephant. I was soooo thirsty this morning, ugh!!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, ladies!!! I hope that everyone had a great Easter and Dyngus day!! My holiday wasn't so great. To begin with, Easter was horrible. We didn't do anything, which I didn't mind, but my mother in law started crap and there was so much negativity in the house:explode: :grumble: , we ended up leaving the house and just driving around (looking for places to live)....and then on top of that, my lil guy (who will be turning 1 on Saturday the 30th) was irritable and sick. Took him to the dr this morning and found out, we caught it before it got worse, he has the beginning stages of strep and double ear infection, yuck!

But on a good note, yesterday, my hubby got on the scale and in 13 days, he lost 8.6 lbs!!!!! Go him!! :drinker:

I did pretty good on the calories this weekend, didn't get much exercise in, but did well on the eating part. Well, that's it for now. Might check back in later. Have a good day everyone!!
  • mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    Two NSV this weekend - I bought a smaller size underware, haha & a friend got me in a couple of pictures she took at the kids egg hunt and I didn't automaticlly delete them when I saw them on her FB page!!

Will try to come back later to catch up more.
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but I'm a SAHM too to my 1 year old son. Started MFP about a month ago. Hoping to meet some people here and get support!

Kerry
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Holly-We had a bit of the same. My Mom was here and food was awful and exercise was too little because my teenage sister and brother kept me up until about 1am every night they were here. It was fun because we were playing Just Dance 2, but I was so tired!

Amy-I'm with you on the water!

Christi-Woohoo!!!!

Welcome Kerry!

So on Friday the scale said I had gained three pounds in a week, but this morning (Two days after my family left) I'm back down to where I was. Volleyball is back on tomorrow night too, so hopefully I'll be able to make some sort of a loss. I took the kids to the playground this morning and spent the better part of an hour running around with them, going up and down steps, and sliding. It felt good. This time last year my hips wouldn't have squeezed through those little openings. :laugh:
  • KC1206
    Options
    Hey Ladies---Killing some time before heading to the gym for 20/20/20.

Welcome Kerry!

My Easter/Triduum was good. I work for a church so I was very very busy setting up for services, attending services and such...no time for mindless snacking here—I was on the go Thursday through Sunday afternoon when I finally locked myself in my room for an hour and a half to get a nap. Exercising wasn’t a problem, as I was running around 90% of the time (in heels, does that count for extra calories burned?) ….Eating was alright I guess. As Holly mentioned, it is hard to log when you aren’t sure exactly what went into a dish. However though, let’s see if that translates into a loss tomorrow.

Amy—I hope you break past 13lbs this week when you weigh in!

Barb—Yay for your husband’s loss! That is great!! Good for you to stay on track over the holiday. Sorry about your MIL and everything that snowballed after her…You sound like you are focusing on the positive though, so that is the best that you can do!!

Christi—I do the same thing with FB pictures! Our family Easter picture that we took at church only took one time to be FB-worthy, so I was super thrilled!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I ate far too much yesterday, far far too much. I'll be lucky to only be up a couple lbs by the end of the week *sigh* And I have no idea what I'm doing with my workouts this week. I lost a ton of sleep this weekend, traveling with an infant is just not fun at times!, so instead of running I napped today. R went down at 11, I went down at 12....I woke at four - FOUR - to her babbling. I don't know if she woke earlier and was just quiet, but if not that was a 5 hour nap for her. I'll definitely run tomorrow and I guess Weds and Fri. I hate doing it 2 days in a row, I prefer to cross train in between, but I don't want to fall too behind on my program.

We've been looking at houses and finally found one I love, but we can't get a 2nd look at it until the end of the week due to scheduling and our Realtor has cautioned us it's going to be a gamble since it's in such a desirable part of town and priced so well. I'm going to be stressing on that all week in addition to R's birthday party coming up this weekend AND PMS, blah! It was so tempting to say screw logging, but I'm back here today, we'll see what happens.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Amy~Good luck on getting past the 13 lbs!

Barb~ Sorry to hear that your MIL is still giving you a hard time. Hopefully soon you will be able to get out on your own.

Christi~Got to love the NSV! Great job!

Wildcat~Yuck! I don't function well without some good sleep. I hope that you can get some more sleep soon.

Been missing for a while. We didn't have internet access but now we do. Boy have I missed being able to log my food and talk with all of you. I haven't been doing too bad on eating but have only been using my 2 hours of cleaning as exercise I so need to get back to doing exercise regularly. Things have been going good here. A little crazy but what's new there?! :laugh:
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone sort I haven't posted in the last few days. Easter ended up being more involved then I had planned. Instead of just a family dinner on Sunday, my son and I went to my cousins engagement party on Saturday and slept over my parents house. Bryan had to work so it was just easier. We had so much fun this Easter bc my little man understood the easter egg hunt and candy and everything else that goes with Easter.

Barb. Im glad you caught the strep and ear infection early! I know how they can be. Congrats to your husband! I hope things work out for you and your MIL .

Christi woo hoo! NSV 's are always exciting surprises!!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Kerry-Welcome to our group. :flowerforyou:

KC-Yeah, my mother in law just wants to start stuff with everyone because she is not happy with her life and she has made several “hints” to us before and we’ve told her you know how to take care of things and she wants us to “runaway” with her and I’m not like, I’m not going anywhere, esp with you…she’s the one causing problems with hubby and I…..But we’ve managed the last 2 years not to let her get to us so easily…..that’s why hopefully this summer, we’re out of here! Also on the good note, I was surprised when I saw the scale when my hubby was on, I was like, is that right??:huh: And he got on again, and sure enough it was! I couldn’t be happier for him, esp since it had been a while for him to have a weight loss.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

KatieM-Welcome back! :flowerforyou: Hopefully this June, we’ll be out…I keep praying!

Kelly-I was glad we caught it early too! Hopefully, he’ll feel better with the strong antibiotic and he’ll be able to have fun at his 1st birthday party. I can’t wait!

Not a lot going on here. I’m going to get some cleaning done and then tomorrow when I’m out paying bills, running errands, and stuff, I’m hoping to get this cycle I saw at wal-mart, its just the pedals and its used for both upper and lower body….It’s called Gold’s gym upper & lower body cycle and its like $20 and for the little room we have here at the inlaws, its’ perfect for a piece of exercise equipment for hubby and me to use without taking up tons of room, that we just don’t have right now.
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow - you all have been busy. I am Katie L's friend and I was on a few weeks ago, but am fairly new to all of this, so I lost track of the site. I hope everyone had a blessed Easter, despite the set-backs from food and family :) My 1 yr old was sick and my 2.5 yr old is getting her 2 yr molars, so things here were not as pleasant as we had hoped. We are also going through a phase with my daughter (2.5 yrs) where she doesn't want to take naps...but she definitely still needs a nap!

Good luck this week everyone and hope you can get back on track after the holiday. I for one, need to get back to exercising.

If anyone needs more friends on here, you can feel free to add me. I only have 6 friends, and wouldn't mind having more people to encourage or who would encourage me. Have a great day!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to this thread. I am a SAHM to three kids...2 boys Aidan (8), Tristan (5) and one daughter Bella (2). I have been on MFP for a couple of months and I am almost at my halfway mark! I looking to make some friends in a simialr situation as me:-):happy:
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a stay at home mom to my 3.5 month old baby Brett. I am trying to lose about 60 pounds I have gained in the six years I have been with my husband. I definitely need all the encouragement/support I can get!
    Eating out is definitely my weakness. I can easily eat 1,000 calories in a single meal if I would let myself.
  • KC1206
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Welcome new ladies! Look forward to getting to know you!

No loss at weigh in yesterday...not suprised, as it is TOM and I am retaining water like crazy.

We started potty training yesterday full-time for the little guy, so we are going to be staying home for most of the day. Will probably put a pull-up on him this afternoon so that I can go to step class at the gym. Keeping busy around the house here doing some heavy cleaning, laundry and organizing. I usually don't, but for today, I will probably log the calories from all this cleaning as it is above and beyond what I usually do....

Hope you all have a good day!!
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM mom and could definitely use the motivation. I am an Air Force vet, was in the Air Force for 6 years. Had my son 6 months before I got out in 2006; gained a ton of weight during that pregnancy and haven't shed that weight yet. The second baby, I did good, only gained 11 pounds with her, but I'm still carrying the cushion from the first.
    So, I've been working out for about a year and haven't lost much weight... at all. I think I haven't been eating enough and have my body in starvation mode the majority of the time.... along with the binging problem of keep the fat on my body.
    Gotta get rid of this finally.
    Ready to do it!
    I could use some friends on here, just add me... We can help motivate each other. I work out a lot, so I can help motivate you that way, and I can use some recipes and stuff.
    :drinker:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Barb~Thank you! You will be in my prayers.

Welcome to any newcomers!

Angela~The 2 yr old stage hmmm. I don't think I have gotten out of that stage for the last 10 years. LOL I have 7 children age range from10yrs-20 mos. Good luck with the teething I always hate those times.

Haldeman~Great job on getting to your halfway mark.

Darr~Used to be the same way. It has taken me a while to get away from eating that much but I still slip.

KC~TOM for you too huh? I hate this time of month! Of course the good part of it is...It means that I am not pregnant again. :laugh:

Lloyd~Going to add you because heaven knows I need some people to help keep me motivated lately on the exercise. Life is so hectic and I choose not to exercise because I am just pure lazy. :laugh:

Well I just realized that yesterday was my one yr anniversary on here. What a great time to get internet access back to make it for my one year. Today my oldest daughter has a marionette program at school for the parents. I am so excited to go. Her marionette we did up to look like Amelia Earhart. It was pretty fun I ended up making a "leather" jacket for it. It was really made out of vinyl like the stuff you use for a table cloth. But it sure looks good. Well got to go I have a bunch to do today before I have to go to the program.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome to the new ladies! great site and awesome board!

have to drink the water today as the hungries are calling....
    waiting at home for appliance deliveries and can't exercise yet b/c i had my hair colored on monday. just a color rinse but i have to finish waiting thru today before i can get it wet. ahhh, the sacrifices we make for beauty. :wink:

better go wrassle the little ones into activity. they are already at each other.

later--