46 lbs down... 4 to go

mariapuhl
mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
edited September 26 in Success Stories
So, I was just creeping through pictures last night, and first came across an old picture of me in Chile, 2009. I was shocked at how I looked, especially putting it right next to my current picture.... so I thought I'd share!

I probably weighed around 225 - 230 in the Chile picture....

wow.png

This picture below is another comparison picture, from June 2010. I started my lifestyle change in August 2010, so this is about two months before that. My "official" starting weight for a competition I did that kicked my butt into gear was 223, so that's what my starting weight is based off on mfp. Anyway, onto the picture!

wow2.png

And since I know someone will ask, I'm 5'11, with a small frame (I think, based on wrist size.. my wrists are tiny!).

Replies

• mariapuhl
    I keep trying to resize the first one but can't figure out how....
  • Awesome! You look fantastic!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    You look great! Love the dress.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    GREAT WORK! :o) You look wonderful! Hard work, but definately worth it! Congrats girlie! I hope you're so proud!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    You look great! Awesome job. :happy:
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Its an amazing achievement! Congratulations!! ^-^
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Awesome job. Congrats:happy:
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Thank you sooo much for sharing the pix - inspirational! Great job!
  • TennisLoveGirl
    TennisLoveGirl Posts: 30 Member
    You look amazing!! Congrats to you!
  • you look amazing!! I am 5'10'' and would LOVE to look as great as you!! keep up the good work! :)
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Great, great job!!! I'll echo what the others have said, you do look amazing.

You and I have a very similar starting point and goal. You're definitely helping to inspire me on the rest of my journey. Thanks!
  • Wow, you look great. Lose the next 4, celebrate your victory, then to your next challenge.

You've seen what you can do, and it's amazing. Now take another step, and don't sell yourself short. Don't see your current place as your 'finale'. What you've done is open up an amazing number of new choices you can take. Maintenance certainly is one of them. But you literally could do so much more now that you've earned it. Do a marathon, get your bodyfat to 18%, get ripped, get insanely fricking hot body...the best at the pool. Whatever it is you've dreamed about, you now know you can accomplish it. Or if you don't know you can accomplish, I'm here telling you that you can. Don't stop. If you thought this milestone was rewardsing, wait until your next. Before you know it, you'll be addicted to pushing yourself. And that new goal, and motivation, will keep you on track to staying healthy forever and you'll stay away from gaining any of it back.

Again, congratulations on getting to a goal...but more importantly congratulations to opening up so many more options to your life. Now go workout.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    You look fabulous! Keep up the good work!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    You look great! Love that dress! :) AND You are rocking it!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    You look great!!!! I started March of this year at 246.2*gulp* and am down to 216.0 as of now. I still have at least another 30 to go, but Im taking one day at a time. I'm 5'10 so looking at you, gives me an idea of what I'd look liike at your weight! :) Thanks.
  • mariapuhl
    Wow, you look great. Lose the next 4, celebrate your victory, then to your next challenge.

You've seen what you can do, and it's amazing. Now take another step, and don't sell yourself short. Don't see your current place as your 'finale'. What you've done is open up an amazing number of new choices you can take. Maintenance certainly is one of them. But you literally could do so much more now that you've earned it. Do a marathon, get your bodyfat to 18%, get ripped, get insanely fricking hot body...the best at the pool. Whatever it is you've dreamed about, you now know you can accomplish it. Or if you don't know you can accomplish, I'm here telling you that you can. Don't stop. If you thought this milestone was rewardsing, wait until your next. Before you know it, you'll be addicted to pushing yourself. And that new goal, and motivation, will keep you on track to staying healthy forever and you'll stay away from gaining any of it back.

Again, congratulations on getting to a goal...but more importantly congratulations to opening up so many more options to your life. Now go workout.

"Now go workout" - Already did mine for today, haha!!! But yeah, my goal weight is definitely not my finale, just after that really anything is icing on the cake. I could never ever go back to the way I used to eat and not workout... it's just a habit to eat healthy and workout now, and I feel horrible if I don't. I'm so glad I feel this way now.
  • rob_spitzer
    rob_spitzer Posts: 54 Member
    beautiful
  • Glad you received the real payback...not the weight loss, but 'the feeling'. But seriously, think what's possible now that wasn't before. Find one thing that is meaningful to you. Something you couldn't do before, but now is attainable and go for it. It's even better than what you're feeling now if you can believe.

BUT...you're not there yet! I expect a new pic after the last four pounds!!!! :)
    Wow, you look great. Lose the next 4, celebrate your victory, then to your next challenge.

"Now go workout" - Already did mine for today, haha!!! But yeah, my goal weight is definitely not my finale, just after that really anything is icing on the cake. I could never ever go back to the way I used to eat and not workout... it's just a habit to eat healthy and workout now, and I feel horrible if I don't. I'm so glad I feel this way now.
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Good job! You look fantastic!!
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Amazing transformation.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!