Hiatus from MFP

Options
Hey all! I am going to take a break from MFP because I have so much going on in my life that this is just stressing me out more! And the more I stress about dieting, the more I want to eat to relieve that stress... etc. I need to work on some of the issues underlying my emotional need for food, and I would like to take the time to do that now. I am still exercising and watching what I eat, but I won't be logging foods or really participating in the discussions. I may be back after the new year once I have visited my family and friends and (hopefully) have a better handle on my emotions. Things are better now, but they will be all that much better once I can see everyone I miss and love agin.

Thank you everyone for all of your amazing help and input. This site is tremendously helpful and encouraging. I will definitely be back in the new year. Happy holidays!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• msblondy16
    Options
    Hey all! I am going to take a break from MFP because I have so much going on in my life that this is just stressing me out more! And the more I stress about dieting, the more I want to eat to relieve that stress... etc. I need to work on some of the issues underlying my emotional need for food, and I would like to take the time to do that now. I am still exercising and watching what I eat, but I won't be logging foods or really participating in the discussions. I may be back after the new year once I have visited my family and friends and (hopefully) have a better handle on my emotions. Things are better now, but they will be all that much better once I can see everyone I miss and love agin.

Thank you everyone for all of your amazing help and input. This site is tremendously helpful and encouraging. I will definitely be back in the new year. Happy holidays!! :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Happy Holiday's to you, too! I hope you find what you're looking for!:flowerforyou:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Hey All,
    I've just returned from a hiatus from MFP... has it been a positive experience? Not really, I actually weigh more now than I did when I left. So I'm back (with a vengence?)...

The only tough part is the holidays. I'm going to try hard. I have to do something and what I'm doing to this date is not working.

Thanks and happy MFPing!
    Angela