Two - A - Days

Options
I decided I'm going to go old-school and follow my coach's (from way back in the day!) regime of seaon-starting-2-a-day-practices. Only instead of getting ready for state, I'm preparing my body for "Life" like I've not done in a long time :) Anyone else trying this or ever done 2 a days? If you are, how are you changing it up so there isn't boredom?

Replies

• liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was doing two a day for awhile but ran into problems with overtraining. After talking with a trainer we determined my biggest problem was my nutrition...not twice a day workouts. I was not eating enough to feed my body what it needed for all the work I was expecting it to do, so it quit working. Just make sure you are getting enough calories form both carbs and protein and if you see a reduction in the quality of your workouts or you are exhausted make sure you take a day off.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I do two-a-days frequently...check out my newest work out schedule staring after graduation next month:
    http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/ckstacey/P90XBuildYourOwnWorkoutMay2011PDF.jpg
  • jstepp14
    jstepp14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on doing these Two-A-Days in the gym, focusing on cardio & strength training. If so, I say, 'Go For It!!!'
    If you're planning on doing these in a different program, such as Cross-Fit, P90X, Boot Camp Fitness, I would caution you, because those are so hard on the body. I learned the hard way, doing Boot Camp Fitness twice a day for several months. I ended up injuring myself, and having to take it easy for over 6 months, thus setting myself back.

Whatever you choose, I wish you luck & commend you on the preparation for 'Life'! :-)
  • coppercurlz
    Options
    Mostly in the gym. Yoga, pilates, body pump, zumba, spinning, lifting, and extended calisthenics. I'm wondering how the nutrition part will play out though like someone mentioned earlier. When I was a teen, I just ate whatever and slept whenever...no family to take care of, no job. I'm trying to space them out far enough (early in am, later afternoon). But as the eating goes, I'm confused :)
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I do two-a-days frequently...check out my newest work out schedule staring after graduation next month:
    http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/ckstacey/P90XBuildYourOwnWorkoutMay2011PDF.jpg

I wish I had a Calendar that told me what to do :) I'm jealous! I need to find one of these
    *Wish MFP had one!
  • coppercurlz
    Options