Need a few words of inspiration

Options
got on the scale today.. i gained 1.2 punds from four days ago.. i am pretty upset.. but i had a pretty exhausting workout yesterday could that have something to do with it?? i have done nothing different except increased my work out intensity.. could some1 shed some light???

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    got on the scale today.. i gained 1.2 punds from four days ago.. i am pretty upset.. but i had a pretty exhausting workout yesterday could that have something to do with it?? i have done nothing different except increased my work out intensity.. could some1 shed some light???
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hi FuzzBuzz4,
    It could be water retention, or muscle. Don't be discouraged. You might gain a little at first because your body is adjusting and you are adding muscle when you work out. I was stuck on a plateau for a month and I finally upped my calories by 200 and my work out by 15 minutes more a day and finally this week I had a loss. It just takes some time. Make sure you are eating all of your calories and getting your exercise in. It will make a difference. Also measure yourself. You may not be losing pounds but you could be losing inches. Hang in there! It will come off!:flowerforyou:
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    hey fuzzbuzz4!

I too have those same concerns. But I did notice that I lost inches from my thighs and waist. The numbers mean ALOT to me, but reading the other comments helps me out. I've even gained some friends to get encouraging words from this site and to vent my issues to. I'm trying to stay positive I get discouraged easily! I do know that the first week of working out one can gain weight do to increased activity. I'll stay positiove for you, you stay positive for me...DEAL?:flowerforyou:
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    DEAL!!! i will try i promise!! thanks for the words of support.. i just hate how this has put me in a bad frame of mind for the rest of the day! :cry: will try and think psostive now tho.. sunday morning is next weigh in..
    GOOD LUCK TO U TOO!!!

and congrats on breaking the pleatau!!!
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    THnax for all the advice!!!! My weigh day was today and i lost 2 pounds since i posted this thread!!!! Happy to be back on track!!!

Anyone else wanna post any set backs or great advances feel free!! we should all be so proud!

bless :heart: