How Long?

Options
How long does it take for a day of "Bad Eating" to show up on the scale? I had a very bad day yesterday for Easter, My mother-in-law had chocolate everywhere and I just couldn't resist, and there was chocolate pie and etc. How long till I see that on the scale?

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you get back on track and add some extra exercise it may not show up. This is a lifestyle change and that means the occasional indulgence!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Forget about yesterday and focus on today and the rest of the week.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you get back on track and add some extra exercise it may not show up. This is a lifestyle change and that means the occasional indulgence!

Yep. One day shouldn't ever make a difference. As long as you exercise and eat right 6 days of the week you can indulge a little 1 day. My philosophy is that you should behave the way you will once you're at your goal weight. If you plan on eating pizza once in a while, or eating the occasional piece of cake, go ahead and do it while you're losing the weight. It *might* make losing take an extra month or two, but this should be a lifestyle change, you should be living how you will for the rest of your life. Don't feel bad about indulging once in a while, everyone needs a treat!
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    ive had a bad 3 days over easter and the scales have kicked my *kitten* bit ive told myself to forget it and get back into my training so i killed the gym today and haven eaten healthy and feel great again....dont worry, we all like a treat :)
  • LG2789
    LG2789 Posts: 20
    Options
    It takes 3,500 calories to gain one pound. Look at it week by week. If you are in excess 3,500 over the course of the week (that would be a surplus of 500 calories per day), you will likely gain one pound.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Yep. One day shouldn't ever make a difference. As long as you exercise and eat right 6 days of the week you can indulge a little 1 day. My philosophy is that you should behave the way you will once you're at your goal weight. If you plan on eating pizza once in a while, or eating the occasional piece of cake, go ahead and do it while you're losing the weight. It *might* make losing take an extra month or two, but this should be a lifestyle change, you should be living how you will for the rest of your life. Don't feel bad about indulging once in a while, everyone needs a treat!

Completely agree.