dinner help!!!

Options
cindy4mica
cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
i took out a pound of ground beef (93% ff) and meatloaf mix to make meatballs yesterday, but never got around to it. any ideas on what i can make with them for dinner tonight that *isn't* meatloaf (and it's too late for the meatballs - sauce has been made and frozen already)??

Replies

• nicole723
    Options
    Sloppy Joes
  • hopevictoria
    Options
    Add fixings and make tacos? Avocado, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, etc...
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Tacos Mmmm
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    HAMBURGERS!!:smile:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Taco salad. Probably have everything you need right in your pantry and fridge. Season Ground beef with Taco seasoning. Lettuce, Grated Cheddar. Sour Cream, Salsa. Black Olives. Chopped Green Oinions. Cilantro.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Easy goulash...
    brown the meat with diced onion & some seasoning
    add a can of stewed tomato with the juice
    and toss into whole grain pasta
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    American chop suey or spaghetti with meat sauce or mexican style goulash (see allrecipes for that last one)
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you want fast and easy, take a can of campbells mushroom 98 percent fat free and spread it over whole wheat bread. Natures own has 50 calories a slice and lot of fiber.
  • Gazzaway
    Gazzaway Posts: 13
    Options
    Spaghetti with meat sauce
  • dannb65
    dannb65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hamburger patty (no bun) with green beans, broccoli or green salad, and a small roll or corn for carb.
  • heididormanen
    Options
    I made morracan meatballs last week that were awsome.. ground meat, a ton of cilantro, paprika and cumin.. some salt and pepper.. cook them up, then add a can of diced tomatoes and some sauted onions.. let it simmer for a bit.. then served it over isrealie cuoscus.. it was terric.. I got it from a weight watchers cookbook. We also had some naan with it.. it was awesome.. you can search google for moroccan meatballs and find tons of recipes...
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    awesome suggestions - thanks! now which one?? lol!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    stuffed green peppers - if you dont have the peppers just make the insides and toss it in a tortilla with some avacado! Tuns of protein = very filling and low calories (so long as you don't add too much rice).

Chili? Load it up with kidney beans, black beans, some spices and have a slice of bread on the side - thicken it up with veggies (grilled) and you got yourself a quick'n'dirty meal!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Chili or chili-mac would be my first suggestions. Or maybe a ground beef version of stroganoff if you have mushrooms and sour cream handy.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    thanks, everyone, for your great, yummy ideas. i'm opting for buffalo burgers, a recipe i remembered i saw on one of these boards - the recipe calls for ground turkey, but i'm going to have to substitute for what i have. plus, i actually have all of the ingredients and i just *might* not hear anyone complain about dinner for once! lol! i'll let you know how it turns out:)
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    it was delicious, but waaaaay high in calories! ugh! next time, ground turkey it is! and maybe get lower calories buns (i sent my husband out to get them - first mistake). but they were delicious - especially the blue cheese crumbles. it was definitely a treat:)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds yummy. Keeping the calories down definitely requires planning. Good luck on figuring out how to make your tasty burgers even healthier next time.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    Wow, sounds yummy. Keeping the calories down definitely requires planning. Good luck on figuring out how to make your tasty burgers even healthier next time.

thanks! it *does* require a lot of planning and trips to the grocery store.