Cottage Cheese

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
I recently discovered that I like Cottage Cheese. I have been eating it and mixing in a little bit of pineapple to spruce it up a bit. Anyone have other ideas of things I can mix in to make it even more enjoyable?

Replies

• lizamd
    lizamd Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh Yeah! I am with you. I like cottage cheese. I actually eat some with dried prunes - yum yum..
  • CCCsgirl
    CCCsgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like mine with mandarin oranges!
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    I just add pepper to mine :) Boring I know, but I love cottage cheese!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Peaches, pears, strawberries....any type of fruit. I put it on top of tomatoes with some diced avacado on top...yummo!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i mix in mandarin oranges (drained), dried cranberries and/or raw unsalted almonds
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try frozen blueberries - VERY yummy!!!
  • rebgeo
    rebgeo Posts: 23
    Options
    Tomatoes and cucumber and a dash of pepper! YUM!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I really like cottage cheese on it's own, but if I'm in the mood for something more savory I stir in a little dab of pesto.

One big surprise with cottage cheese is how much sodium it often contains. If you can find 'no salt added', that's best.
  • maparapa22
    Options
    Cottage Cheese and Raspberries at night is a great low carb and sugar snack that will hold you over. ITS AMAZING!!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Totally delicious - a scoop of cottage cheese on hot pasta! So yummy and warm and filling... Sometimes I chop in a couple of plum tomatos and raw garlic for a flavor rush, but I love it plain, too.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Splenda or pretty much any kind of sweet fruit make great additions. I know some people add honey, salt and pepper, or veggies. Try your own thing. My grandma used to make these celery sticks with cottage cheese on them with some salt & pepper or splenda sprinkled on top.. they are good. :)
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Try some with peanut butter drizzled with honey.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like it with a couple tablespoons natural applesauce and some cinnamon. You can even heat it up slightly and it tastes like apple pie!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Blend 1/2 cup with 1 cup frozen strawberries, some sweetener (I cut it down from 6 to 3 packets and it still tastes good), ½ tsp vanilla extract and ½ cup of milk for a strawberry cheesecake smoothie.
  • staceydewey
    Options
    I like to put a cup of cottage cheese into my sugar free jello when I am preparing a small box of it - when it sets it makes it a sweet treat - I really like to use lime flavor jello and add a little crushed pineapple as well - or orange jello and add a few dried cranberries along with the cottage cheese.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    These ideas sound amazing. I am so excited to try them for a new snack!
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    Blend 1/2 cup with 1 cup frozen strawberries, some sweetener (I cut it down from 6 to 3 packets and it still tastes good), ½ tsp vanilla extract and ½ cup of milk for a strawberry cheesecake smoothie.

mmmm...this sounds amazing!
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try canned tuna, chopped peppers, spring onion and sweetcorn as a topping for a baked potato or a sandwich filler.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I throw a blob of it on top of my salad instead of salad dressing. Adds a creaminess like a salad dressing and gives the salad a pop of protein too. It is also good on chili. Pretty much anywhere you would use sour cream works, as long as you can adapt to the texture difference.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and mashed avocado on brown toast is amazing.