Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cottage Cheese

mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
I recently discovered that I like Cottage Cheese. I have been eating it and mixing in a little bit of pineapple to spruce it up a bit. Anyone have other ideas of things I can mix in to make it even more enjoyable?

Replies

• lizamd
    lizamd Posts: 2
    Oh Yeah! I am with you. I like cottage cheese. I actually eat some with dried prunes - yum yum..
  • CCCsgirl
    CCCsgirl Posts: 2 Member
    I really like mine with mandarin oranges!
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    I just add pepper to mine :) Boring I know, but I love cottage cheese!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Peaches, pears, strawberries....any type of fruit. I put it on top of tomatoes with some diced avacado on top...yummo!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    i mix in mandarin oranges (drained), dried cranberries and/or raw unsalted almonds
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Try frozen blueberries - VERY yummy!!!
  • rebgeo
    rebgeo Posts: 23
    Tomatoes and cucumber and a dash of pepper! YUM!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I really like cottage cheese on it's own, but if I'm in the mood for something more savory I stir in a little dab of pesto.

One big surprise with cottage cheese is how much sodium it often contains. If you can find 'no salt added', that's best.
  • Cottage Cheese and Raspberries at night is a great low carb and sugar snack that will hold you over. ITS AMAZING!!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Totally delicious - a scoop of cottage cheese on hot pasta! So yummy and warm and filling... Sometimes I chop in a couple of plum tomatos and raw garlic for a flavor rush, but I love it plain, too.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Splenda or pretty much any kind of sweet fruit make great additions. I know some people add honey, salt and pepper, or veggies. Try your own thing. My grandma used to make these celery sticks with cottage cheese on them with some salt & pepper or splenda sprinkled on top.. they are good. :)
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Try some with peanut butter drizzled with honey.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I like it with a couple tablespoons natural applesauce and some cinnamon. You can even heat it up slightly and it tastes like apple pie!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Blend 1/2 cup with 1 cup frozen strawberries, some sweetener (I cut it down from 6 to 3 packets and it still tastes good), ½ tsp vanilla extract and ½ cup of milk for a strawberry cheesecake smoothie.
  • I like to put a cup of cottage cheese into my sugar free jello when I am preparing a small box of it - when it sets it makes it a sweet treat - I really like to use lime flavor jello and add a little crushed pineapple as well - or orange jello and add a few dried cranberries along with the cottage cheese.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    These ideas sound amazing. I am so excited to try them for a new snack!
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Blend 1/2 cup with 1 cup frozen strawberries, some sweetener (I cut it down from 6 to 3 packets and it still tastes good), ½ tsp vanilla extract and ½ cup of milk for a strawberry cheesecake smoothie.

mmmm...this sounds amazing!
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Try canned tuna, chopped peppers, spring onion and sweetcorn as a topping for a baked potato or a sandwich filler.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    I throw a blob of it on top of my salad instead of salad dressing. Adds a creaminess like a salad dressing and gives the salad a pop of protein too. It is also good on chili. Pretty much anywhere you would use sour cream works, as long as you can adapt to the texture difference.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Cottage cheese and mashed avocado on brown toast is amazing.