just joined today to make a life altering change.

Options
My wife basically served me with a one on one intervention about my weight and overall health last night that led to some hurt feelings on my part, but something that is a longtime in the making. I hope to use this message board for supplemental support and advice.

Replies

• anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! and when your done give her some sort of intervention =o) Welcome!!!
  • mertheg01
    mertheg01 Posts: 19
    Options
    Just joined in the last month as well.. Sometimes it takes a kick from the ones we love to get our motivation going.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Good for you - welcome to MFP. :)
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    my best piece of advice is to pick up a copy of "burn the fat feed the muscle" it is hands down the best means of shedding fat and making you a healthier you. It is a no BS, honest and straight to the point book about fat loss and making it a life long deal, not a temporary fix.
  • divanonni
    divanonni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome there is a lot of nice supportive people on this site Good Luck and you can do it. I know the struggles up and down one day at a time
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I too joined recently. And yes, sometimes it takes harsh words from those we love to get us going. But, now you're here and I can promise you'll get all sorts of support, tips, motivation and friendship from MFP :) Friend me if you wish! :-)
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Do it for you - not for your wife! YOU deserve to feel great for YOU! Good luck and we're here for any questions you have. :)
  • boricuamami222
    Options
    just joined today ive had enough ive put on so much weight i hate lookin at my body i avoid full size mirrors no more its time for a change
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we need that kick in the *kitten* to get us going. Welcome. You can do it. This site is awesome!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP :)
    you've come to the right place. everyone here is super supportive and nice.
    good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • gwenyork
    gwenyork Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :smile: My husband and I joined a while back, but I have not devoted myself to logging in and doing what is necessary to being successful. Today is the day I start over. I am tracking every bite that goes into my mouth! For a while, that will be what it takes for me. In the not-so-long run, it will be worth it!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    She's right for calling you out! Don't take offense to it, take it as an act of love and take an honest look at yourself. You can do this and it will be one of the best decisions you'll ever make!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great place to get started!! :) Ultimately I'm sure she just wants what's best for your health, though it is hard to hear! ;)
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...you will love it here (I hope) I credit MFP with alot of my weight loss so far. At least you should get loads of support from your wife since she is encouraging you to lose weight!
    Good luck!!!

Barb
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    welcome. friend request sent.