counting midnight snacks under breakfast?

Options
strapple
strapple Posts: 353 Member
i suffer insomnia and a lot of times when i wake up and am unable to go to sleep i eat a snack

i realize this alone is incredibly unhealthy and am working to cut this horrible habit out

but my question is this

can i log my midnight snack under the next days breakfast? thats what ive been doing but i feel like i'm almost cheating and i should be logging it under snacks from the day before

or does it all just go to the same place anyways?
@____@
halp~

Replies

• sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'd say it doesn't really matter as long as you log it. The main thing is that it doesn't take you over your allotted calories for any given day. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Calories in are calories in, doesn't matter when you eat them, even if it's at 2am.

One suggestion - adjust your diary to time frames of the day - 7am-12p, 12p-5p, 5p-10p, 10p-7a. I'm tempted to do this since my diary is always heavy on snacks since I usually have a mid-morning snack and mid-afternoon snacks in addition to my regular meals.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I count it as the day before because really, I am still going to have a several hour long 'break' until my next meal. So breakfast should be my first meal after the long break.
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    I work overnights and if its before 12am then log it in under snacks for the day before if after 12am log it under snacks for the current day...dont get yourself down about stuff like that...all you have to do is exercise it out the next day! just count on doing it so do some extra exercise everyday :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Your body is on a 24 hour clock. Log under the appropriate day as 'snack' not breakfast.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    What are you eating at midnight. It is fine to eat as long as you are staying in range. Believe me I have studied up on this. You eat calories throughout the day. It doesn't matter when you eat them. Most people don't eat past a certain time, because this is when over eating is triggered. As long as you are staying in your range and not getting up to eat 5 candy bars, I am sure you are okay.
  • mlafrance7
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time of the day that you eat your calories. The only thing that matters is the number of calories that you are eating.

It is important to spread your calories out during the day because you want to ensure that your body has enough fuel to perform that task that you want it to. You don't want your body to be consuming your lean muscle but calories instead.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    thank you for the tips and advice. ill also be sure that if i have to eat something late at night, its something healthy