new to this site and so excited!

Options
I am new to this site and was sent here by a member! i am so excited to start this new journey in my life. I had a baby 6 months ago and kept some of the baby weight but whats worse is i had extra weight before i got pregnant! I have been walking for about 8 weeks now and have been eating healthier for 2 1/2 weeks. I have lost 7.5 pounds. before i started eating healther and in moderation i was walking but i was also eating for about 5 people so it didnt get me anywhere!

my biggest accomplishment so far is incorporating physical activity with better eating habits. ive always stayed away from phisical activity and ive always regained what i lost. i think this time its finally going to come off and stay off!

Replies

• jessers26
    jessers26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! Welcome to the site and good luck with your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Welcome! and GL
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have soooo been down that road! December 2009 I weighed 93 kg (that's over 200 lbs). I didn't even look at dieting just started walking. When the weight started coming off from that I was so happy! Then a few months ago I decided I need to put in a bit more and started Wii Fit. Three weeks ago (about) - I found MFP and I've found a much better exercise program and now the weight is really coming off! MFP has been fantastic for me! The support here is amazing!!! Just reading the success stories motivates me to excell! So, welcome welcome! Add me as a friend if you like! I still have a way to go, but with better eating habits, exercise and MFP I'm doing it and so can you!
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Good luck with you journey!
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    I also had a baby last year, and was determined to lose the baby weight plus, and thus far with the help of this site, and exercising I have lost 36 lbs as of 1/1/11. So good luck to you, and feel free to add me! :smile:
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Congratulations on your new baby! If you're nursing, be careful not to lose the fat too fast: the toxins stored there (ex: bcp) will be transferred to your baby (the lactation consultant in me could not be repressed - sorry!).

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • gphamrick
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal! Congratulations on the progress you have made thus far. This site is helpful in setting goals and tracking progress.
  • kate1975
    kate1975 Posts: 31
    Options
    good luck and keep up your positivity x x
  • JsGordita
    JsGordita Posts: 70
    Options
    Welcome! i am happy you joined, this site is a huge help :)