Can anyone recommend a good scale?

Options
I really don't trust my scale anymore (I know, I bet a lot of people say that, ha!) but seriously, I am having doubts to its accuracy. I pretty much know you get what you pay for (I paid about 30 bucks for this one) but if anyone has suggestions as to type, supplier, pricing, etc- I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You probably want to specify whether you mean a food scale or a body scale - guessing you mean body though?

I found a few threads on this on friday, and it varies a lot by actual model, as well as supplier. I was going to get a glass Salter scale with the body fat measurement ability, but in the end I decided to stick with my wii fit board instead.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale. "Health-o-meter" is the brand name. No bells and whistles, but very consistent and reliable. Paid maybe 35 dollars at Target or Walmart. Stay away from analog. They give you false low readings.
  • lwilso65
    lwilso65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me and my housemate use the weight watchers scale LCD precison I think. You can get them in Tesco and they are pretty good.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have had a Tanita body fat scale for a long time and love it.
  • TaekwondoRobbie
    Options
    Weight Watchers scale .. got one recently .. great and accurate ...
  • Charlea1981
    Charlea1981 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers Body Fat Monitor!! Measures weight, BMI, H20 & Body Fat %, if you live in the UK its currently half price in Argos ;-) Good luck

Charlea ;-)
  • hellenyork
    Options
    I have the basic Weight Watchers one. Bought it at Kmart on sale for under $20. It keeps info for 4 users, tracks starting weight, goal weight, current weight, and total lost or gained. It's really easy to set up and use to!
  • Eric184
    Eric184 Posts: 16
    Options
    (yep, I meant body scale and not food scale :-) Thanks, everyone! I have a lot to research- sure to find something. One more thing, no one mentioned the type of scale that you see in the Dr.'s office. (the sliding weight/bar type) Sure no one want's to keep something like that in their bathroom, but I have a workout area in my garage, would be perfect. Thanks again for all the advice :-)
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use the digital biggest loser scale. I got it at bed bath and beyond for $8. Some of them are so expensive and this one was inexpensive and very accurate.
  • jmbarclay15
    jmbarclay15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the weight watchers scale is amazing!