New to message board and My Fitness Pal

Options
My name is Connie. I am a 43 year-old mother of 3 children (son, 23, daughter 20, daughter 17), and 1 grandson. I lost about 137 pounds 9 years ago, and 5 years later I injured my back (3 herniated discs now), and I have slowly put back on about 60 pounds. I have been feeling like a failure since I have been working out so hard since August, and only gone down 1 size, and not lost much weight, but then I realized I have become a nighttime eater, and I don't know why.
I ran into a lady from my church this weekend who looks AMAZING, who has lost 85 pounds the past year using this site, so I thought I would give it a try and see if it will help me track everything, motivate me and hopefully meet some new friends....
So, hello everyone....:smile:

Replies

• bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You are going to love it here!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    hello!
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I too am new to this. A friend of ours showed us his iPhone app and we hopped on the band wagon. I am trying to lose weight and maintain it for our wedding next October. I was pretty successful last summer by losing 32 lbs. But like many, I gained a majority of that back, thank goodness not all of it. I am a tall girl and many are shocked when I tell them my weight and say, "You are not!"

I have set mini goals since it seems a lot easier for me to keep motivated rather than looking at that big number of losing 36.2 lbs. If I keep it at 5-10 lb mini goals I find myself a lot more successful.

I love the boards on this and have already joined 2 challenges. I hope that this will keep me on track and help me maintain my weight so we can look AWESOME on our wedding day and continue our health for our future family.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Welcome - this is a wonderful place to learn what to eat and how to eat. I feel better now, than when I was in my 20's. Best of luck to you!!!!!!! :happy:
  • paubanda
    paubanda Posts: 34
    Options
    HOLA!!! WELCOME TO MFP!!!! ur gunna like it here!
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi Connie, I can understand your pain because I have problems with two herniated discs. I must say that although you've gradually put 60 pounds back on you should still feel good for staying under half the weight you lost. Like many of us something has inspired you to shed the weight so be encouraged, set goals, stick with them, and don't be so hard on yourself. I'm pretty certain you'll be looking as great as the lady you saw at your church, just conjure up that determination you found nine years ago! I for one am in your corner:)
  • gphamrick
    Options
    Hello Connie, welcome to myfitnesspal.
  • seansmrs3
    Options
    Thank You!