Shakeology question

Options
Anyone use Shakeology that is NOT a Beachbody coach? I keep thinking about ordering it but it seems like everytime I find a post about it, the person writing has become a coach. I don't want to assume they're simply pushing the product, but I would like to get opinions from others who might be using it.

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I tried a sample of chocolate, it was delicious and very rich and also of greenberry which was NASTY.

It does have all the ingredients it says it does so it is good for you, just 5x the price of protein powder but as coaches reminded me constantly it is NOT a protein powder blah blah blah...

All the reviews on MFP have been positive from non-coaches as well.

It just depends if you want to invest. If you have controlled your eating already and don't binge or cheat then I say go for it. If you are new to eating healthy and still haven’t battled your demons it’s a pretty expensive way to get a head start, you can easily get a head start on protein powder if you like the idea of a meal replacement or recovery after a workout for about .50 a serving rather than $4.
  • jerena2
    jerena2 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm not a BB coach, and I really love both flavors. However, I have a hard time justifying the high cost.
  • 3Heather24
    Options
    A coach sent me 3 samples (2 choc, 1 greenberry). I thought that the choc was nasty......BUT that was trying one of the recipes they give with it (the mocha one). I don't dare try greenberry.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    As a Beachbody Coach I'm sorry to hear you're having that experience. :(

If it helps, you can order it through shakeology.com and you'll be assigned a random Coach. btw, I hate the Greenberry :p
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I tried a sample. The chocolate was yummy, the green one was terrible. I found Jay Robb's to taste the best (and it's way cheaper)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The reason they are all "coaches" is because Shakeology is a Multi-Level Marketing scheme like Amway.

It's just an overpriced protein powder. Don't get sucked in.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Beachbody coach, and I have tried it on a few occasions. I preferred the Greenberry over the Chocolate, which was a little too rich for my taste. But I would easily drink both.

Why you see so many BB coach's using it is because there is a bit of a cost savings if you are a coach. I'd be using it if my CFO would give approval, but she doesn't, so I don't.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Beachbody coach, and I have tried it on a few occasions. I preferred the Greenberry over the Chocolate, which was a little too rich for my taste. But I would easily drink both.

Why you see so many BB coach's using it is because there is a bit of a cost savings if you are a coach. I'd be using it if my CFO would give approval, but she doesn't, so I don't.

LOL!

To the OP: I am NOT a bb coach but I love Shakeology! You can always get your money back if you are not satisfied!
  • iluv2travel
    Options
    I ordered my first bag of chocolate Shakeology in Mid-February, and right now I still have 1/4 of the bag left. I like the chocolate flavor and it goes really well with PB or any nut butter + bananas but I cannot drink it everyday since I easily get tired of drinking the same thing so I drink it 2x a week while alternating with green smoothies and protein shakes.

I may just finish my bag because I cannot justify the high cost if my green and protein smoothies are sufficient enough for me.
    Also I do not feel any difference from drinking Shakeology and I easily get hungry after an hour or two If I make it for breakfast. This is just based on my experience and others may love it more than I do. You can request for a sample and I am sure any BB coach will be glad to give you one. HTH!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I use it, I love it, I am a coach it's true, but I don't care if you purchase it through me, hence my opinion is not biased in any way. For me, it totally curbs my sugar cravings to where you can place a sundae in front of me and I'll be like, "it's ok, I'm good," and I also have more energy and my skin looks better when I'm drinking it regularly (of course, with enough sleep, because if I don't get enough sleep then look out world, I'm haggard!). I also have three friends who recently bought it and adore it through nothing said by me whatsoever... they just did their own reserach and got it. They prefer the Chocolate, I know, but I actually like the Greenberry better. I usually mix it with 4 ounces of OJ, water and some berries. I'm sorry if other people have put you off to it... there really are some people who are tactless out there, as in any realm of life. I'd say, definitely research on your own some more and make an educated decision based on what YOU think, not what other people tell you.
  • zebraroonie
    Options
    I'm no coach, but I love it. I love it because it has so many healthy ingredients. I will say I don't like it by itself. I like chocolate, but only with PB and fruit added. I've even had it with just PB, but I didn't like that either. I blend it daily with strawberries, banana and PB and the taste is amazing! I use it for breakfast...it keeps me full for about 3 hours, and then I need a snack.

Honestly, the price is crazy, but it's worth it. I have it about 5 days a week, and some days I opt for a half a scoop, instead of an entire scoop, to save on the price. I just add extra fruit so that it continues to be fillng!

I notice that when I am watching my eating habits, while drinking shakeology, it helps me to lose weight easier. However, if I eat like crap (which I try not to do), and still drink shakeology, it helps me to maintain my weight better. I think it assists with better digestion/metabolizing.

I have considered coaching to save on the cost, but I don't know if I want to make that committment.

I'm on my second bag. I think if you tried it, you'd really like it. My husband drinks it too.

For me, it doesn't help to curb cravings like the claims. But it has aided me in weightloss and maintanence, and for the most part I take it because of all of the super heatlhy ingredients.

Hope this helps! Good luck!:tongue:
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Anyone use Shakeology that is NOT a Beachbody coach? I keep thinking about ordering it but it seems like everytime I find a post about it, the person writing has become a coach. I don't want to assume they're simply pushing the product, but I would like to get opinions from others who might be using it.

I'd say they're mostly coaches, or people who did beachbody programs, and it got sold to them along with it.
    I prefer to go with other supplement companies. I don't put much faith in beachbody.
  • Lisiebird
    Lisiebird Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm not a coach and I just tried it for the first time yesterday. I bought a few chocolate packets off ebay. I thought it was delicious. I just bought a 30 day supply from ebay.
  • yankeegurl
    Options
    Check out the May issue of O Magazine. There is a 10 page article on Darin Olien, creator of Shakeology & the ingredients that are in the shake:)
  • Angiebug1969
    Options
    Yes I use Shakeology... no, I'm not a coach. I've been drinking Shakeology for over a year now... and do see the benefits of it. It's PRICY, but it's WORTH IT!! If you do commit to trying it, I highly suggest you try more than just a sample. Order a month's supply... give it a try DAILY so you'll be able to see the effects after having it plugged into your diet for a few weeks.

Chocolate... well, it's amazing!

Greenberry took me a while to figure out how to "enjoy" it, because let's face it... it does taste GREEN! BUT... here are a couple of my favorite ways to blend the Greenberry... you will be amazed!!

Greenberry Pina Colada~
    1 scoop or single packet Greenberry Shakeology
    8 oz plain almond milk (water, or skim milk)
    1 TBSP Sugar Free/ Fat Free Vanilla Pudding
    1 TSP Sugar Free/ Fat Free Pineapple Jello
    1 TSP Coconut Extract
    Ice to taste
    Juice from 1/2 fresh lime (don't discount the lime juice... seriously)
    Blend & enjoy!

Greenberry Raspberry Cheesecake~
    1 scoop or single packet Greenberry Shakeology
    8 oz plain almond milk (water, or skim milk)
    1 TBSP Sugar Free/ Fat Free Cheesecake Pudding
    1 TSP Sugar Free/ Fat Free Raspberry Jello
    Ice to taste
    Juice from 1/2 fresh lime (I mean it... the lime juice just does something spectacular!!)

I hope you give Shakeology a try... it's a great addition to any healthy nutrition plan!
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    It looks extremely pricey.
    Seems like you could find a meal replacement powder, take a multi, and even buy some wheatgrass.
    You'd still end up spending less, and probably end up with a better product.

Beachbody sells crap to people who don't know any better. They're a lot like GNC in my book.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coach and I use it. I love it! I feel more energized when I use it and realize I am getting a lot of the nutrients I am normally lacking in getting. I would personally give it a try for a week and see how you feel at the end of the week. They also offer 30 day packs and if you are not satisfied at the end of the 30 days return the empty package for a refund.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It looks extremely pricey. Beachbody sells crap to people who don't know any better. They're a lot like GNC in my book.

Disagree 100%. I am not a coach and I use this product. It may seem expensive when you hear $110 for a 30 day supply but that is $3.67/day. That is not expensive and you get all your nutrients!
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

Disagree 100%. I am not a coach and I use this product. It may seem expensive when you hear $110 for a 30 day supply but that is $3.67/day. That is not expensive and you get all your nutrients!

Thats insanely expensive.
    You can get a quality multivitamin, and meal replacement power, a protein shake, and wheatgrass.
    You'd get the same or better results and end up saving money. And having a shake that has more protein in it.

They rip people off. No "supplement" is worth nearly 4 dollars a day.

Not to mention you can make healthier food choices with the extra money you'd save by buying more reasonably priced supplements.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    Looking at the ingredients just has me shaking my head.

A lot of it is a prop blend, so you don't really know how much you're getting of each thing. A lot of times its a negligible amount, but it's enough for them to add it to the label, even if it has no effect on you.
    Example: MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), 150 mg. That's not enough to do anything.

You could stack a couple supplements and end up much better off. You'd save money and get a higher dosage of the things you need.