Help with Willpower?

Options
So it's exams right now, and I don't have the time to excerise like I usually do. However it also means that I'm simply sitting on my butt and munching day and night.
Instead of having to lose 15 pounds I now have to lose 25!!! I find that it's just so difficult to restrain myself from eating junk food while I study, especially since it's so readily available in a residence.
Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this willpower issue? I just love junk food so much (and I know it's horrible for you, calorie wise and otherwise), and I find the more I gain weight the more I eat because I have nothing else to comfort me during my exam period!
Thanks y'all!
- Boots.

Replies

• tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I have tried numerous times to eliminate junk food from my diet and I have failed every time. My dilemma is that I have a 2 year old son and husband both you do not gain any weight with junk food like I do. I've been taking it a day at a time and sometimes even a craving at a time. I have noticed that when it is not around that I get over my craving faster. Hopefully, this has helped. Good luck.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    How about getting some healthy snacks to munch on during this time. I use to have a problem with snacking at work I sit at a desk all day. Now I still like to snack just switched to things like nuts, fruits cereal bar. I would also clear out the junk food if possible so it wont be so accessible.
  • DannyWilson0417
    Options
    Well i say if your gonna snack at those times buy some fruit or vegetables. there are healthier ways to snack then junk food.
  • boots_66
    boots_66 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I'm definitely going to look into investing in some carrots and whatnot. That's a great idea. Unfortunately I think part of the problem is how accessible it is. There are vending machines in the study rooms here haha. Definitely not helpful.
    Thank you!!
    - Boots.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    So it's exams right now, and I don't have the time to excerise like I usually do. However it also means that I'm simply sitting on my butt and munching day and night.
    Instead of having to lose 15 pounds I now have to lose 25!!! I find that it's just so difficult to restrain myself from eating junk food while I study, especially since it's so readily available in a residence.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this willpower issue? I just love junk food so much (and I know it's horrible for you, calorie wise and otherwise), and I find the more I gain weight the more I eat because I have nothing else to comfort me during my exam period!
    Thanks y'all!
    - Boots.
    [/quote

I was the same but since I joined here (1 week) the junk food thing has stopped.]