Would love some weight loss buddies

Options
Hi, my name is Donna. I’m new – I found myfitnesspal as an app on my Droid phone. I would like to lose @ 50 pounds. I’m a huge stress eater. I grew up hearing, “put something in your stomach – you’ll feel better”. My husband and I both recently started over again in new jobs (we both got laid off). He is now an over-the-road truckdriver, and I only see him on weekends. We have two sons – 20 and 15. Both are Type 1 Diabetics, and my youngest son is autistic. I’ve also gone back to school to finally get my degree at 52 and I attend classes online. I have straight A’s so far! I’ve been married 21 years. I live in Rochester, NY, and I love cats, reading, and gardening. I’m looking for some buddies to help me with the weight loss thing. I’ve done WeightWatchers in the past, but I did not like the new PointsPlus program as well as the old plan. So far, I really like the website and the phone app. I’m excited to be getting started. Hi, everyone!

Replies

• chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me.
  • heidimanderson
    Options
    I would love to support you and vise vera....my name is Heidi
  • Paddyrabbit
    Options
    Hi there Donna. I've been on here about a year, and i love it! Having said that, i gave up on logging my food intake, because i found it did not work for me, but i log my exercise, and that keeps me focussed on my journey.

I'm a teacher in Ireland. Feel free to add me to your list if you wish.

Padraig
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! Would love to help you and you can help me too. Feel free to add me and anyone else can too. :)
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! Make it a habit to keep logging on. You have a lot on your plate but you can do this!! Feel free to add me. We are all here to make goal through thick and thin!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board - I'm sure you'll continue to love all the tools, and the support from every on here.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me as well!
  • knmiller4life
    Options
    I have a lot to lose too and I love this site!! Come on we can get this done together!!!
  • LaurieJAndrews
    LaurieJAndrews Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm in. New buddies always welcome. Please feel free to add (and anyone else looking for support).
    Laurie :o)
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This website is amazing, as are all the people on it, and the level of support they all give you

Please feel free to add me (and anyone else looking for support). :happy:
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna
    I'm Caroline, Welcome to MFP. I've only been dieting for a week, but I love the site - it really helps! I'd be happy to give you some support. Add me if you like,(and anyone else looking for support).
    :happy:
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    welcome...I love having support...anyone can add me as a friend if they want!
  • lovebabyal
    Options
    Hi my name is AL, Im here to help maintain the calories I need to stay @ my current weight, I have found out that I wasn't eating enough calories & my doctor has been worried bout the weight lost for the past 4months, I found this App on my phone & so glad I did I am suppose to be diabetic that I keep deeply under control , with Diet & my new pushing buddy Wii Fit Plus Balance board..
  • Rachelmattock
    Rachelmattock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too, and have friend requested you :-)
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou:

This is the place to be for encouragement and support. Feel free to add me too. Good luck! :smile:

Sarah
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me, I always accept friend requests :flowerforyou:
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    Welcome - i have 50lbs to lose as well

You'll enjoy this site as everyone is so supportive
  • JVWard98
    JVWard98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site~you are going to love it here! Please feel free to add me as well as anyone else that would like to add me. I can always use more support and motivation = )
  • lovebabyal
    lovebabyal Posts: 12
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been here about 3 weeks. I've done all the diets and lost and gained it all back. My life is so busy with my kids...an 8 year old girl and 4 1/2 year old triplets, and my mom. I have been taking care of everyone else for so long that I wasn't taking care of me. From my first post here, I felt support...and have lost 10 pounds! I have a long way to go, but I love the support and knowledge that people have here.
    I'd love to be friends and lend support. I also have an autistic child.
    I'll send a friend request.
    TripMom