Why is my Hair is misbehaving.....?

Options
Is anyone else having bad hair days since they started loosing weight? maybe its just me? Just wandered if it can possibly be me dieting thats causing it or its coinsidence? I just cant do anything with it.......

Replies

• lidado
    lidado Posts: 41
    Options
    Mine seems drier... I can actaully use conditioner now and haven't used it in almost 11+ years...
  • LaurieJAndrews
    LaurieJAndrews Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's so strange. Technically, it should be better.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking the same thing the other day. it seems to feel like straw all of a sudden, and it is falling out a LOT! what the heck! :/
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    mine has been super dry since i started too! it really sucks :(
  • LaurieJAndrews
    Options
    I read once that the hair loss during weight loss signifies new hair growth which is pushing out the old but at a fast rate, so dont panic too much.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Try taking a multi vitamin, if you dont. Sometimes that helps. Hair is fed from the inside, and simple things like a mineral deficiency can wreck havoc on hair. :)
  • LaurieJAndrews
    Options
    I see Im not alone. Not mad after all then ;O)
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've had trouble with my hair thinning and overall looking frizzier and not as good. Trying to keep up my vitamins, iron, and good fats.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Mine hair is just down right disobedient...any day...damn curly hair:ohwell:
  • LaurieJAndrews
    Options
    Try taking a multi vitamin, if you dont. Sometimes that helps. Hair is fed from the inside, and simple things like a mineral deficiency can wreck havoc on hair. :)

Thank you, I will :o)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Did you cut a lot of fat and protein from your diet?

Are you eating enough?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having bad hair days since they started loosing weight? maybe its just me? Just wandered if it can possibly be me dieting thats causing it or its coinsidence? I just cant do anything with it.......
    photo.jpg
    Well, what do you think????? smiley-angry048.gif
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting enough of the nutrients your body needs.
    When you start cutting calories, you sometimes cut out the important things as well, Vitamin A and C are needed to produce sebum which naturally condtitions hair, omega 3's promote scalp health making your hair healthier and less dry. Zinc (deficiency can promote shedding), selenium vit B-12 and b-complex are all necessary to promote healthy skin and hair.
    Low biotin can result in brittle hair.
    Getting enough protein is important to preserve strength and colour in your hair.

Sometimes we cut things out without even being aware.
  • LaurieJAndrews
    Options
    photo.jpg
    Well, what do you think????? smiley-angry048.gif

Hmmm.......I'm thinking genetics...lol. :O)
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm having to wash mine every day for it to look decent now :/ My hair has always been really dry and i've had to use the thickest masque type + leave in conditioners + smoothing balms to sort out and now I just use an ordinary shampoo and conditioner because it seems to have more natural oils. I suppose this is a good thing but I only washed my hair every 3 days before
  • LaurieJAndrews
    Options

Are you eating enough?

I'm eating plenty of white meat and fish, salad, veg, fruit etc. Only thing I have almost done away with is the bread. I'm not starving myself. Maybe its the shock to the system ;O)
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have noticed... it takes PRODUCT to get a decent result now. I used to wash and go when I was eating whatever the heck I wanted!! I think just the change in diet and activity can mess a lot of things up, but it will come back around as long as your changes are healthy ones!!
  • liagarden
    liagarden Posts: 54
    Options

Are you eating enough?

When I went vegetarian, 35 years ago, my hair got really dry and brittle, and my skin was very dry. I didn't know to add good oils back into my diet, since I was eating no animal fat. I started putting 1 TBL. of olive oil on my salad or veggies every night, and I was fine for 7 years. I had incredible hair! (Now it falls out in handfuls! Goodbye hormones!)

You need fat to live. The brain is made up of fat. I think it has a lot to do with the endocrine system, also (hormones) I read that once. i'll look it up again.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I feel like my hair comes out more than it did...like in the shower and stuff...i don't like it.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking the same thing the other day. it seems to feel like straw all of a sudden, and it is falling out a LOT! what the heck! :/

Mine is the same way!!!