In search of my missing mojo...

Options
I've been going strong since the first of the year but seem to have lost my mojo the last 4 days. Help me please! What do you all do to keep yourself focused and motivated? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    I get on MFP and participate with other people. Makes me motivated to keep up with my friends.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you. I refuse to sink, but am only doing the minimum to keep afloat in my weight loss journey. Hoping a new bike this week will help boost the initiative.
  • Darrickb
    Darrickb Posts: 27
    Options
    I push through a hard workout that gets me back.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Don't lose your mojo now! Look how far you've come. Don't throw yourself down the stairs. Just pretend that you haven't lost your mojo. Pretend that you are incredibly motivated. Act like you're motivated and, hopefully, the motivation will come back.
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel as I am feeling the same:ohwell: :frown: . I went on holiday for a week and now need to get my determination back!! I gave myself a few slack days but tomorrow I start being 'good' again! I will be interested in what others suggest too.

Come on let's do this together!!

Good luck x
    :smile:
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fake it till you make it! It happens to me more often than I'd like to admit!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    "Ain't nothin' to it, but to do it." Really. Once you get back into the routine, it just naturally kicks in. For me anyway.
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One thing that really moved me about all the posts here was how dedicated each of you has been---it's empowering and inspiring and spectacular. I think it may be easy to get stuck in the mud of today--but just look at those tickers with all of those pounds lost---you all should be SO PROUD!!!!
    Don't give up, you can obviously do this. Celebrate your victories, believe that you can continue to succeed and just push through.
    It gives hope to the rest of us when we hit our own walls.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    What works for me is to go get an object that weighs about what I have lost and actually pick it up.
    I lost about 40lbs in total - so I go get one of my 5 gallon water bottles for my water cooler.
    Just holding that for a few minutes generally gives me a whole pile full of motivation!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Fake it till you make it! It happens to me more often than I'd like to admit!

agreed!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    What works for me is to go get an object that weighs about what I have lost and actually pick it up.
    I lost about 40lbs in total - so I go get one of my 5 gallon water bottles for my water cooler.
    Just holding that for a few minutes generally gives me a whole pile full of motivation!

Wow!!! congrats!!! And GREAT idea!!! :drinker:
  • bindernagel3
    Options
    I set a small goal for myself and work really hard to accomplish it! Gets me back to what it's all about challenging myself!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror and see the results... I also ask myself how I feel. When I get really unmotivated, I goto the gym anyways and find that once I get going I feel incredible.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Also, try something NEW... a new workout.... go for a run instead of a bike ride, take a new class at the gym, run with a new buddy... something DIFFERENT. That gets me out of a rut.
    I also love looking at something the same weight as I've lost. My younger daughter weighs twenty pounds, and all told I've lost that since Jan... maybe a bit more before Easter madness. I hold her for a bit and am sooo happy that I'm not carrying her around all day like that.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love you guys! It is great to hear that I'm not the only one who has days or weeks like this... and I like the idea of faking it. Thanks everyone!!!