what is the fastest way to lose weight?

Options
i really wanna drop some weight as soon as possible but i want to try and lose it the healthiest way possible, any suggestions?

Replies

• MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Most of us on MFP will tell you slow & steady wins the race. It's not really safe or healthy to lose more than 1-2 lbs. / week. Good luck!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Reduce sodium as far as you can. Drink lots of water.

There are no miracles, hard work and diligence gets the job done.
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    I (and probably everyone else here) wishes there was a 'fast' weightloss method but hard work and eating well really is the only thing that will get and keep the weight off.
  • ColorfulSouls
    Options
    Your goal should be to eat healthy portions and healthy food. Try to eat organic and natural foods the most, not pre-packaged or caned foods.

Exercise is a crucial part in losing weight. Cardio is the best thing to shed weight the fastest. I suggest brisk walking and jogging at least 20 minutes a day. Pretty easy ;]
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Switch to WHOLE foods only - a diet fast of nothing but WHOLE foods will help you cleanse your body and rid excess fat. Ofcourse it's not healthy but would work... Limit your calories and stick to only fresh whole foods.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You can't rush a good thing. If you are within 10 pounds of your goal weight then you should be set at losing 1/2 pound a week. It'll take a couple weeks to find the right balance, but start with eating close to your suggested calories.
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    If only! :)

Sorry, not so helpful I know, but if I knew I'd tell you
  • MzPlaya
    MzPlaya Posts: 5
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds in 17 days off of the 17 day diet, they sell the book on amazon for 12.00.
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    There is no magic pill or quick weight loss diet that is good for you! You have to start eating healthy and get some exercise. It is advised that you should lose 1-2 lbs. a week. You didn't gain it over night; so you can't expect to lose it over night. People that lose a lot of weight very quickly USUALLY gain it back and more.
  • gulbranson9
    Options
    My sister and i are doing the Body By Vi meal replacer shakes. They taste really really good and you lose 2-5 pounds a week and you only do the shakes for 90days
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Hate to sound ornery, but the healthiest way to lose weight is slow and steady. Don't expect to lose more than 1-2 lbs per week. Anything more than that, and you're very likely to put it right back on. And possibly more. Don't drop your calorie intake too much too soon, or you could send your body into starvation mode. Then it'll just get very good at existing on those fewer calories.

I would suggest dropping your calories about 10-20% of your recommended BMR amount and adding some 30-60 minute cardio in a few days a week with a bit of strength training. Walking is a good way to start or try a gym with a trainer for a few sessions to learn proper form. Best of luck to you! This site is a great tool for tracking your food and exercise and weight loss goals.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Your goal should be to eat healthy portions and healthy food. Try to eat organic and natural foods the most, not pre-packaged or caned foods.

Exercise is a crucial part in losing weight. Cardio is the best thing to shed weight the fastest. I suggest brisk walking and jogging at least 20 minutes a day. Pretty easy ;]

I thought the crucial part of any weight loss was diet. 80% diet, 20 % exercise.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Reduce sodium as far as you can. Drink lots of water.

There are no miracles, hard work and diligence gets the job done.

agreed x
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Chemo...lol...ironic huh! Lol
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You don't want to go too fast. That can make you gain back when you are trying to maintain and isn't healthy to go too fast.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Just as you don't gain weight overnight....the same follows that you don't simply lose weight overnight.

There are no magic formulas or gimmicks....and those that claim are not long-term in their answers.

Making healthy choices, eating right, getting enough rest, and being more active is the key to a life-long transformation! :-)
  • jerzie82
    jerzie82 Posts: 10
    Options
    HONESTLY ALMOST EVERYONE HERE HAS SAID IT THE RIGHT WAY, WAY HEALTHIER TO LOSE JUST ONE TO 2 LBS A WEEK LOL. IM WALKING BRISKLY AT 3.5 MILES/HR UNTIL I REACH 3.5 MILES USALLY AN HOUR BUT SOON WILL START JOGGIN. ALSO AM WATCHING MY CALORIE INTAKE WITH A GOOD CARB INTAKE AS WELL BUT I DONT SURPASS 1200 A DAY. USUALLY THE LOWER CALORIES THE WORST IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE STARVING YOUR BODY FROM THE NUTRIENTS IT NEEDS. HOPE ALL OR SOME OF US HAVE HELPED IN SOME WAY SHAPE OR FORM :)
  • Mellyakamelz
    Options
    Thank u all for your advice!...i guess im trying to over do it when i shouldnt =/, im new to this so i just getting to know the important things behind a 'DIET"...i noticed i need to make it into a lifestyle..i will keep you guys updated , hopefully i am able to drop 1-2 pounds a week! :glasses:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    There's no secret. Eat less exercise more. It all comes off the old fashioned way.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Chop of a leg...
    Just want to reiterate what everyone has already said. Nothing worth doing is ever easy, if you lose weight in an unhealthy way it'll only come back with interest later.