hELP HelP HElp!!!!!

Options
Hi pals,

I need some help from all u folks.

I am unable to decide what my ultimate goal weight should be. And this problem arises when I read various wghts mentioned for my height group.
Firstly, I need an accurate way to figure out what is my frame type. I am definitely not small, but am confused abt Medium n Large.:grumble:
I am 22ys female, 5'6" tall. Now dat may look like a Medium frame considerin most of u r of a larger built, But when I compare to my other Indian fellows I look huge... I am 17.5" broad at the shoulders. When I compare myself to all frenz here, they are an avg 14" at shoulders n I think dat is Medium n I am LARGE!! (Am I making it sound liek some reward??? )
:ohwell:

If I follow the traditional way of thumb n middle-finger around the wrist, I end up comfortably touchin both the fingers around... n dats coz I have a 5" Middle finger (He he) n that way I turn out to be a small frame which I definitely am NOT!!!:noway:

Once I know for sure what is my frame type, Ill be clearer as to what my ideal wght should be.. Rite now I am at 148-149lbs n I jus thot I wanted to be at 132. But suddenly it struck me, that could be a lil too less for me.:cry:

Most websites will provide me a 15-20lb range as the ideal weight n I have no clue whats is ideal for me.

I have been on MFP for a month now and have lost 7lbs. I t might not be too tough to even reach 132 but Im not sure if its the best for me.. I have been chubby right from childhood, n I have no intentions to look skinny-boney n unhealthy! (btw chubby = healthy when it comes to my family as thats d way I have alwasy been):blushing:

I need to re-consider my goals n I badly need ya help!!

Replies

• happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi pals,

I need some help from all u folks.

I am unable to decide what my ultimate goal weight should be. And this problem arises when I read various wghts mentioned for my height group.
    Firstly, I need an accurate way to figure out what is my frame type. I am definitely not small, but am confused abt Medium n Large.:grumble:
    I am 22ys female, 5'6" tall. Now dat may look like a Medium frame considerin most of u r of a larger built, But when I compare to my other Indian fellows I look huge... I am 17.5" broad at the shoulders. When I compare myself to all frenz here, they are an avg 14" at shoulders n I think dat is Medium n I am LARGE!! (Am I making it sound liek some reward??? )
    :ohwell:

If I follow the traditional way of thumb n middle-finger around the wrist, I end up comfortably touchin both the fingers around... n dats coz I have a 5" Middle finger (He he) n that way I turn out to be a small frame which I definitely am NOT!!!:noway:

Once I know for sure what is my frame type, Ill be clearer as to what my ideal wght should be.. Rite now I am at 148-149lbs n I jus thot I wanted to be at 132. But suddenly it struck me, that could be a lil too less for me.:cry:

Most websites will provide me a 15-20lb range as the ideal weight n I have no clue whats is ideal for me.

I have been on MFP for a month now and have lost 7lbs. I t might not be too tough to even reach 132 but Im not sure if its the best for me.. I have been chubby right from childhood, n I have no intentions to look skinny-boney n unhealthy! (btw chubby = healthy when it comes to my family as thats d way I have alwasy been):blushing:

I need to re-consider my goals n I badly need ya help!!

• happy_feet
    Options
    Please also tell me how u guys decide what frame u r ... n which weight of the ideal range do u pick up for urselves...

thnks again...:flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I picked my sister's weight as my goal weight. She and I have the same frame and body type-her weight is about 155 (5'8) and she looks how I want to look. Perhaps if you have a family member with similar type and who you think looks the healthiest, you can talk to them about what their weight is. Only ten pounds to go, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall. It's getting harder as schedules get more complicated to fit in the workouts. I'll get there, just slowly.
  • happy_feet
    Options
    I picked my sister's weight as my goal weight. She and I have the same frame and body type-her weight is about 155 (5'8) and she looks how I want to look. Perhaps if you have a family member with similar type and who you think looks the healthiest, you can talk to them about what their weight is. Only ten pounds to go, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall. It's getting harder as schedules get more complicated to fit in the workouts. I'll get there, just slowly.

m not dat lucky.... My sis is jus d opposite... In every way... Poor thing is jus 5' and weighs 110lbs... :noway:

got no cousins of my franme... n dat reminds me , i can never wear high heels when I'm to be wid dem... :cry:
  • happy_feet
    Options
    help help HELP!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to get set on a weight. You may think 132 is perfect and then get there and decide that it's not quite right. I have a goal weight, and hope to end up somewhere around that, but if I don't quite make it to that weight, but feel great with how I look, then that will be my new goal weight. I tend to put on muscle very easily, so my goal weight is a little higher than most people my height. But I also have really nice muscular arms and legs, and I'm starting to get that line down the center of my tummy.

No one can tell you what weight will be right for you, because there is just so much that goes in to determining the "perfect" weight for each person.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    I looked at what your BMI would be. At 5'6" and 132 pounds, you would be in the middle of the range. When you get to that weight see how you feel. Like Anna Banana is doing - put on muscle. I think we all forget that we should never compare ourselves to others.

At work when they measure for frame size they measure the wrist above the bones. 5-6 1/2 inches is considered a small frame. I am a medium frame at 7 inches. From shoulder to shoulder I am 19 inches across. Hopes this helps. Oh, 5"4" also.
  • happy_feet
    Options
    ok.. If 132 is in the mid range for my height i think I'll stick t that as my goal...

I remember being 132 a good 7yrs back and I was jus 15 then!!!