somewhat new to MFP and looking for friends for motivation a

Options
I have been on this site for a couple of weeks now kinda keeping to myself. I am trying to change my lifestyle and loose the extra weight i gained during school. I am looking for friends to help motivate me and bounce ideas off of and vice versa. I exercise at least 4 to 5 days a week and i stay in the 1200 cal intake goal but i feel like im not loosing anything, its very slow. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Replies

• kingston27
    Options
    Hi Blue
    I am new to this site as well. Although I am not so new to weight loss. LOL. I was in pretty good shape and tore my rotator cuff last year. Its been a very slow and painful recovery complicated by the sudden emergence of chronic tendonitis in my achilles tendon (which I never had before - I think Im falling apart). So in short I havent been able to be active for sooooo long that I gained about 25lbs.

Im not sure if you have a gym membership - but a personal training session would probably help you a lot. I just hired a trainer to develop exercises I can do that wont cause me injury. You may also want to think about hidden food allergies. I discovered I was allergic to Wheat/Gluten about 7 years ago. Lost a bunch of weight so easily once I avoided wheat. It can be hard but the results are so worth and I feel better. Your body retains water when you eat things your allergic too. Funny how doctors dont tell you this stuff isnt it?

We are all here to help each other - thanks for reaching out!
    Sunny
  • sandman27959
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me. I'm new too, and you can't have too many friends! :smile:
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! I myself started about 2-3 weeks ago and feel the same, working out about 3-4 times a week (aound my crazy work schedule) and staying in my 1300 calorie goal but have only lost like 4 pounds so far.... slow and steady wins the race- right?!?! Good luck wiht your weight loss journey- feel free to add me!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site as well-always looking to share ideas and keep motivated. Feel free to add me
  • diana77
    diana77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome Blue!!! I my self just joined about over a month . And loooove MFP. Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've read that green tea helps burn fat. I drink one on my way to work and one after supper while I'm doing the dishes. I don't particularily like green tea, so I drink Stash Chai green tea, it tastes like cinnamon, and I really like it. I've lost 10 pounds in a month, so I'm really thinking it's a combination of everything I'm doing, exercising, meal changes, trying desperately to stay away from chocolate......... lol and drinking green tea (AND WATER, WATER, WATER). I've also read that asparagus helps to burn fat as well. It can't hurt to try! Good luck! It's a constant work in progress.... however, I know I feel better and I have so much more energy now! :drinker:
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm just checking, but are you eating your exercise calories or just taking in 1200 and stopping? You may have put your body into starvation mode. I had hit a plateau and found that changing over to maintenance for a week or two. I rarely ate all the calories while set in maintenance but the extra calories kicked me back into gear and the weight started dropping again. The calories they give are just suggested and maybe with the amount you are working out you need a little more. Just a thought.
  • Tabimiller417
    Tabimiller417 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've read that green tea helps burn fat. I drink one on my way to work and one after supper while I'm doing the dishes. I don't particularily like green tea, so I drink Stash Chai green tea, it tastes like cinnamon, and I really like it. I've lost 10 pounds in a month, so I'm really thinking it's a combination of everything I'm doing, exercising, meal changes, trying desperately to stay away from chocolate......... lol and drinking green tea (AND WATER, WATER, WATER). I've also read that asparagus helps to burn fat as well. It can't hurt to try! Good luck! It's a constant work in progress.... however, I know I feel better and I have so much more energy now! :drinker:

Chocolate is my weakness! =]
  • bluerose84
    Options
    thank you i think i will try that green tea
  • j_whitney
    Options
    Hello...I too have only been a MFP member since March. You can certainly add me as well..I'm looking for some motivation and tips too! I know how you're feeling about the weight loss being slow, I felft like I was at a 4lbs total weight loss for ever too! I have found, especially if you add weight training to your workout, that taking your measurements (arms, chest, hips, ect) that this too can be a great help! I did that and found that even though the scale wasn't changing a whole lot at first, I was loosing inches...so it's another way to chart your progress, so try that! Good luck!
  • bluerose84
    Options
    hi i have just been eating the 1200 cals before exercise and i burn about 500 to 600 cals when i go to the gym