Women's Monthly Issue

Options
How does your monthly period effect the scale for you?

Replies

• Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    up 3lbs always.. ggrr
  • Mistykelly
    Mistykelly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine does not increase so much as the entire week is on hold and when I am done....... weight does not drop, just goes back to normal. I guess it could be worse!
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just started keeping track but I went up about 5 lbs before then dropped 3 after. Of course the food cravings didn't help much.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I try to stay off the scale during that time...I've seen how discouraged people get, but in all reality, it's going to come off again in a week or so =)
  • MadisonsMom2009
    MadisonsMom2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For me it can be anywhere from 3-8 pounds depending on how bloated I am.....Stupid periods..LOL
    I always choose not to weigh in the week of my period, too depressing!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    For me it can be anywhere from 3-8 pounds depending on how bloated I am.....Stupid periods..LOL
    I always choose not to weigh in the week of my period, too depressing!

Me too... it's not worth seeing the number go that high... even though I know why, I still don't like to see it!
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    5 lbs up for me and back to normal after a week. Men are so darn lucky!
  • MeganH81
    MeganH81 Posts: 38
    Options
    I have a Mirena IUC so I have no periods at all... not sure
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I hate the weight I seem to gain during my period. It always goes back down so I've come to a point, like others, where I just don't weigh while it's that time because I don't want to see the higher number, even though I know it's because of bloating. Usually, I'll get back on the scale a couple days after I finish. So while I would love to be able to see weight loss every week, I usually don't lose anything between before and after. I feel like it's a wasted week.
  • paubanda
    paubanda Posts: 34
    Options
    mine goes up 3lbs, but I dont give into cravings and i still wrkout! and it goes rght back to where it was and sometimes I lose a pound! but periods r a drag and i used to blame weight gain on tht until i started controling my cravings! gud luck ladies!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    1-3 pounds.
  • JsGordita
    JsGordita Posts: 70
    Options
    I always have a + around that time, i try to stay away from weighing in just because it makes me irritated and frustrated even though i know it will go back down in about a week.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    :huh: 3-5lbs up!

Luckily I only get mine when I get it induced.. so really only every 3 months... but it takes me twice as long to get rid of the weight that I gained, usually plateau for about 2 weeks after
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 2 pounds if I cave in to my cravings:grumble: . But the scale stays the same if I manage to stay away from salt...
  • Mommyto3inAz
    Options
    Ok whew thank you!!! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone :)