Exercise balls

Options
ace175
ace175 Posts: 518 Member
I just got an exercise ball, one of the inflatable ones made by Gold's gym and was just wondering if anyone had some good ideas for different exercises to do with it? I know you can do crunches but I'm hoping to find different ways to use it! Thanks!!

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    There is TONS you can do with it! Mine is a Gunnar Peterson and came with 2 DVD's. Look online for exersize work outs with it and you can also search for DVD's.

Good luck!
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    push ups on the ball in several ways.

First, start with your thighs on the ball, hold your body straight, with hands on the floor. As those get easy, move to knees, shins then feet.

Also, place the ball in a chair against the wall (so the chair doesn't move) Place your hands with the fingertips poinint out about 45 degrees, and shoulder width apart. Stand on your toes, and do pushups that way. When that gets too easy, place the ball against the wall, and try to just stay in the up of the push up. When you feel confident try lowering yourself and pushing back up.

then finally, pull the ball away from the wall, and do pushups with hands on the ball and toes on the floor. That's just one of many ideas. I use the ball when I teach Pilates and train clients every day, but pushups are my fav.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    sit on it (straddle it), point your feet toward the back and squeeze your inner thighs.

lie on it and do push ups.

lie on the floor, legs in the air, ball between your feet. Lift your upper body, grab the ball with your hands and lie down all the way. Crunch up your upper body, bring your legs up to meet yourself and grab the ball between your feet again.

put the ball behind your lower back and against a wall for squats.

I'll see if I can think of more...

good luck!
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    I love working out on the ball, there are lots of things you can do, look up ball excersises that what I did it shows you diagrams and how to do them
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I lay on my back, put the ball between my ankles and lift my legs until I can touch the ball and slowly lower it back down.