breakfast! : )

Options
what are your go-to breakfast foods?

ive found some that taste delicious (granola and yogurt is my favorite) but none of them seem to keep me full for very long. what do you eat in the morning?

Replies

• ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    probably not the best, but i have a pack of poptarts or a meal bar both equal out about 200 calories for breakfast!... Good luck!
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eggs and turkey sausage. Not the best on sodium or sat fat, but they keep me full all morning and have only 300 calories in 3 links and 2 eggs.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Eggs or oatmeal if I want it to stick with me.
  • indy2bird
    indy2bird Posts: 13
    Options
    1 bagel with cream cheese, or peanut butter or just plain!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I will usually have one of the following...

Cereal with fat free milk = 170 cal.
    Granola = 160 - 170 depending on which flavor i eat
    1 egg veggie omelet = roughly 180 - 210 depending on the cheese i use.

But if I get something on the way to work, it is usually one of the subway breakfasts. Just around 180 cals.
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Go Lean cereal. . .then go potty.
  • music_lover_103
    Options

But if I get something on the way to work, it is usually one of the subway breakfasts. Just around 180 cals.

ooh an omelet is a good idea! what do you put in it?
  • heidipalmquist
    Options
    Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal....1/3 cup egg beaters with 1 tbls. Mexican cheese, 1/3 c. oatmeal with 1 tbls. each: walnuts, dried fruit and wheat germ, low sodium V-8 juice and sometimes, a piece of bread, too. And of course, coffee. It's around 380-400 calories, but keeps me full all morning!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    4 whole eggs
    1 flaxseed whole wheat wrap
    1.5 cups baby spinach blended into the eggs
    lightly peppered
    1 cup of tea.
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Im not a "normal" breakfast person. Cereal and yogurt dont keep the hunger away past 830 am. However, l love tomatos brushed with olive oil and pesto on top. Keeps me satisfied for hours...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Asiago cheese bagel and a diet Dr Pepper. :happy:

I also love Nutella on an English Muffin.
  • bjorgen2
    bjorgen2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2 egg omelet with lots of sauteed veggies- mushrooms, red peppers, spinach and feta is my fav!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg with red pepper and onions, and Morningstar Farm sausage links. Yum!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    1/4 c oatmeal prepped in microwave with water. Add 1/2 tbsp dry milk, a sweetener packet and 1/4 c frozen mixed berries. A 1/2 c plain yogurt with a packet of sweetener and 1/4 c frozen mixed berries. A cup of black coffee. A shot glass full of pills (women's multi vit., 2 acetaminophen, a colace on some days, sublingual B-12).

Breakfast...of...champions. :-D Good carbs and pain reliever and caffeine to get me amped for a cardio morning workout. :-D
  • rlynnst
    rlynnst Posts: 14
    Options
    I drink Shakeology with almond milk. I don't have time to cook before I go to work! keeps me full and regular!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options

ooh an omelet is a good idea! what do you put in it?

1 egg
    Mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    2-3 eggs with salsa over whole grain toast or steel cut oats and berries, or a protein shake, or 1 egg over medium with one slice deli thin reduced fat swiss with 2 slices turkey bacon on toasted bagel thin.
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    thanks for all the great ideas - my breakfast is gonna have a lot of variety with all the new things i'll be trying!