This is EXACTLY why I must look the part!

Options
I am so sad and have to vent . I was talking to my regular girls at Starbucks just now and getting my skinny drink. I told one of them about my recent Zumba jobs I got. Her reaction was, " Oh that's good now you will be looking like the trainers!" Ok I don't know if I am looking too deep into it but I wouldn't say that to someone who landed to exercising jobs unless I thought they were fat. I personally don't know what the world wants me to do, start cutting off body parts? With my frame I can only be but a certain size. Please encourage me before I just become anorexic or something. :-(

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    from your profile pic you look fantastic...there will ALWAYS be someone saying something negative. Dont let them phase you.
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    Dont read too much into it. She probably didnt mean it that way. You look great!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't think before they speak, you can't take it personally. What matters is what you think and feel about yourself not what other people think. Be proud of yourself for getting those jobs!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I thought your pic looked great too!! Just like one of the Zumba trainers they have on the DVDs! Get yourself some zumba cargo pants and youll be good to go!!

They are just jealous they dont have the body you have and the job you have!!
  • Jazzart
    Jazzart Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It just sound's like someone had too much "Hateraide" today. Do your thing Sweetie, you worked too damn hard to let anyone keep you from doing you!
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Are you serious????!!! News flash: you are HOT!!! They couldn't possibly have meant that you need to lose weight cause they would have to be blind!!! How many guys crawl on their knees to worship you cause you are a Goddess!! Hallo!!!!!!!
    (feel better???)Best part is you think I'm makin it all up to make you feel better huh?? Nope! Not lyin lol!!
  • estanton6
    estanton6 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down, a lot of people judge other because they feel bad about their own image. Just kill them with kindness and continue to be your wonderful self :)
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If that's you in your profile pic, you look amazing!! I'd totally take your workout class and YOU'D be my motivation to keep going. I'd say "I want HER body!!" :)
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Your like me, i always read into it! I analyse it and read into it again!
    Congratulations and dont let mind games win!
    Always ignore anything that may be seen as an insult or a slide jab!
    Be yourself and youll do fine! You can be expected to cut off your limbs to suit anyone, if your body shape allows a healthy figure go for it, you cant force a circle in a triangle!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I think you look the part...she must be blind. You look very fit and beautiful! Ignore stupid people!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC, well done getting the Zumba jobs. I have just started going to zumba and love it. I wouldn't listen to starbucks waitress but do give her her your class timetable, and suggest she try a class.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    were they young? just ignore them!! some people talk before they think!! you look smokin girl!! and you wouldnt be doing that job if you couldnt!! If you were not fit you wouldnt be able to do it!! hold your head high and know that you are AWESOME!!!
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    you look amazing! they are crazy! do not listen to them honestly, some people live to bring others down
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    If that's you in the picture, then you look trim, fit and healthy. Obviously, if you didn't look like a Zumba instructor they wouldn't have hired you!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    some ppl have a f*&ked up way of looking at things, you look great, pay no attention to the air head serving you the coffee.
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    well ill tell ya, u look way better then my zumba coaches. the one is fairly average size and the other is a big bigger not huge or nothing but def has a belly, but she is the one that can rock her hips like crazy, makes me wonder why she isnt a twig with the way she can bust a move
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    You said it was one of your regular girls, meaning she probably sees you a lot. Which means she's probably seen at least part of your weight loss journey. That in mind, it sounded like encouragement to me. Like when I bought my kettlebell and the hubby said, nice, now you can get the toning you wanted. It wasn't an insult, it was an encouraging statement based on my goals.

If it was me that said it, I would have meant it in the context of, "Wow, that's awesome for you. You're totally going to be able to continue on the path I've seen that you're on and get totally ripped cuz that Zumba stuff is a crazy workout. Congrats!" But of course, since pleasantries get shortened into what will fit into a casual conversation over taking and ringing up a coffee order, it came out the way it did.

I say don't read the negative into it and look for the positive with which it was likely intended. :)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Maybe it had nothing to do with the weight at all, but on how all the Zumba instructors dress with the brightly colored tanks, pants with one leg up and straps flying off of them??

Whatever she meant, I think you look FABULOUS!! And congrats on getting the Zumba gig!!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Just look at yourself in the mirror....You are gorgeous! as in very very beautiful!
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to all of you! You have left me some really positive messages. It is me in my pics and I totally shouldn't have read so deep into it. I have been working toward getting more toned and lean and I should be happy. Thank you so much again. :-)