Wanna get under 200 lbs?

Options

Replies

• LARPkitten
    LARPkitten Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I once SWORE I'd never get over 200lbs, and if I ever did, I'd work and sweat and diet until I was back down to size....

Oops.

I'm not that far over, but yeah, I've got 12lbs to go, and I can't wait to see the scale below the 200lb mark again... It's been years!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Laura. I currently weight 301.0. Can I still join this group? My goal is to get under 200 pounds and then my final goal is to be 115 pounds. I am very short. Standing at only 5' 1 1/2" tall so this goal weight would put me at a healthy BMI,

Of course, you still have the goal to lose. There's no weight or time limit to reaching the goal!
  • BombolinaM
    Options
    You can ALL do it! I started at 280 and am now at 171. It took me approximately 8 months to get under 200. I have been struggling a bit lately...not gaining but not losing either. And that's my fault as I am having trouble staying on track. But I keep reminding myself that this is a journey..it will take time, have it's ups and downs. I will get to my goal eventually. Good luck all!

Thank u..I love success stories..You look great...It's very inspirational to see before and after photos..Congrats on your success:flowerforyou:
  • BombolinaM
    Options
    It feels great knowing that we can all be there for each other. Thank you all for responding to my post. We can do this:)
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Laura. I currently weight 301.0. Can I still join this group? My goal is to get under 200 pounds and then my final goal is to be 115 pounds. I am very short. Standing at only 5' 1 1/2" tall so this goal weight would put me at a healthy BMI,

Of course, you still have the goal to lose. There's no weight or time limit to reaching the goal!

Thank you. I have a long way to go but I know that we will all get there in time. I look at it like this I didn't gain it overnight and it won't come off that way either. One day at a time, one step at a time. I should tell you a little about myself. I am 31 years old, married to the love of my life Quint. We have 2 kids: Anna Grace, who is 5. She will be 6 in June. Jacob is 3 and will be 4 in July. I am a Stay At Home Mom and I love every minute of it. I couldn't imagine not being here with my son. I have been on this site for 2 years. I started on MFP on January 1, 2009 and lost 52 pounds. However I let life get in the way and I gained the weight back, and then some. I got so discouraged that I deleted my account. I came back in September of 2010 but didn't really do anything to lose weight. I decided that this time I am serious and I want to get this weight off once and for all. I started exercising and then I fell a month ago and hit my knee on the ground, my doctor would not let me walk on my treadmill and I still can't for now. I just got the results back from my MRI and I have a bruised Patella and I will have to go to an Orthopedic doctor. I am not sure when I will be going because I have to be referred. I have to wear a knee brace and take anti inflammatory medication. This is very frustrating to me and I have to fight very hard not to stress eat over this situation. I have done very well keeping myself busy so I will not eat everything and anything in sight. I know that if I can lose 52 pounds that I can do it again and that I can keep it off. Anyways, I didn't mean to write a book. I look forward to being a part of this group. Thanks for creating it!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone feel free to send me a friend request if you want to be friends.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Yes ma'am, I want in on this. A few years ago I saw the 100s only to put the weight back on when I started my first "real" job. I remember how good I felt then and I want it again, and more!
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. :)
  • bobbye95
    bobbye95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i would love to be under 200 i have a long way to go i 313 right now and iam working very hard so iam in
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in with you. I have under 30 lbs to lose to get there, but reaching 199 will truly be a big milestone for many of us.

Anyone who needs support can add me. I know I can use all the support I can get.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I am in too! I got close in the past but got off track and didn't gain control fast enough and got out of control!
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome....

I too am fairly new and have obstacles..... in a nutshell, my husband, again, is diagnosed with cancer this time stage IV and is on chemotherapy!
    He has had a major surgery done in Calgary, about 3 months ago, which didn't go as planned.. oh well. he is an amazing person and
    he has an amazing attitude and he again is going to beat this disease. It is soooo hard on me, I try and not show this to him after all it is him fighting for his life and what is my pity excuse. So there i go being strong for him and our two children ages 15 1/2 and 14....
    so the last little while guess what....i joined the gym!!! and its amazing how I get energy and the strength to deal with this. but I stil;l get depressed and I resort to food.. so any advice you have for me I will gladly take..

Lets do this together :)
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm working toward that goal as well. I can use a little support. We GOT THIS!!!
  • ilovethelaw07
    Options
    Me too- 32 pounds to go! We can do it!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Absolutely!!! Feel free to add me. I started this journey at 247 and have another 60 to go to reach my goal weight.
  • BombolinaM
    Options
    Love the support from everyone on here..I love this website..great ideas and lost of motivation and support. I love not feeling alone on my journey..Thanks :)
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good Morning! I hope everyone is having a great morning so far. I am. It's cloudy here and all blah outside. It's susposed to rain here today. I hate rain but I know we need it. Okay, I messed up with my eating yesterday but I am so glad that today is a new day and that I can start over. I know what to do and how to do it so I am going to do it!!!!!!!!! I will be back later.
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm in! I saw 195 six years ago as I was going through a separation then bounced back up to as we moved into divorce phase. I want to get there AND BEYOND again from a good place!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I'm in! I saw 195 six years ago as I was going through a separation then bounced back up to as we moved into divorce phase. I want to get there AND BEYOND again from a good place!

We can do this!!
  • freefalling83
    freefalling83 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have 34lbs to go to get to 200!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing on this Tuesday. Can't wait to hear how you all are getting to that under 200 goal. Right now I have been doing spin once or twice a week for about 3.5 months and I LOVE IT! Today I burned 700 cals! It is nice to have wiggle room in your diet and to get the excitement that comes from spinning.

What's your favorite way to burn cals?