TELLING MY STORY...*Because I know someone needs it*

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
So I thought that this would be an awesome place to share my story and hopefully inspire someone who may need it today!

I was an athlete all my life, and have never been a skinny girl because I was normally one of the tallest, if not the tallest girl in my class and now I'm 5'10 and naturally have a solid frame. I was an all CIF- volleyball and softball player through high school and then I hit college. I hit college and decided not to play sports, and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I got to college, missed my friends and family and turned to food and a sedentary lifestyle. There were times that I can remember ordering a medium pizza and would eat almost the whole thing. I worked full-time and was a full-time student with no physical activity in my life. From the time I graduated high school to when I found out I was pregnant (5 year span) I had gained 90lbs. I don't even remember hitting 200lbs.

I tried Weight Watchers and quit, tried TurboJam when it first came out and quit, took diet pills and quit...I lost myself. I became pregnant with my son...I was so scared to gain anymore weight. My OG/GYN flat out told me that I couldn't afford to gain anymore than 15lbs. I gained 16, and after having my son I weighed in at 266lbs in September of 2008. I went to the doctor for a physical in November of 2009 and my doctor told me that if I didn't do something, I would die. My little brother had told my mom when he saw me gaining weight, "I don't want mu sister to die.". The fact that, at the time, a 12 year old could have the concept that I was so slowly killing myself was flabbergasting to me. So I knew I had to do something and fast! I knew that I was disgusted with who I had become, buying new sizes every few months, not confident enough to go out with friends that were thinner than me. It was enough!

I started on a 1200 calorie diet and walking two miles a day. I lost 17lbs the first month. I moved to Atlanta, GA in January of 2010 and started to take my life back in May. Started working out everyday and watching what I ate. Joined MFP in June of that year and just knew that if I stayed focused, I could do it. This time I used moving away from my friends and family as a time to focus on ME. My health and life was too important to let slip away. I had a son that I wanted to play with and to live for! Now less than a year from when I really decided to be stricter, I am 60lbs down! And have never been happier of what I have accomplished. I created a blog to chronicle my journey, started a challenge group on MFP, looking to write a motivational fitness book, became a BeachBody Coach and going for TurboKick and Zumba instructor training! I would have never thought that today I would be helping keep others motivated and accountable for their own health and fitness. I didn't have anyone to push me, to motivate me...I had to push myself!

Through this journey I have learned that it is doable, it is possible and we are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I still have 40 or so lbs to go, but I want to let everyone know that we can do it! Don't give up on yourself. Did I have days, weeks, and longer where I just messes up...yes! But I remembered what my goal was and there are temptations out there and we will cave sometimes...but never forget how amazing you are! Your body is a temple! Don't let your head get in the way of your dreams, your goals, and your destiny!

I am an open book if anyone needs any kind of motivation, advice etc. Let's do this! Let's take our lives back...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

-Krystle

MarchSide-1.jpg

Replies

• cassie128
    cassie128 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    that is a beautifuul real story keep praying and god will see you through
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Great post...very inspiring
  • poodle89
    poodle89 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is definitely motivating me to stay on track. Congrats on your weight loss.:smile:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :) very proud of you, an inspired! Thanks for sharing.
  • snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great Story and thanks for the positive read! :flowerforyou:
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I really needed to hear that today, thanks for sharing! :D
  • HollyLayman
    HollyLayman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!! Just what I needed to hear!!!:happy:
  • dot513
    dot513 Posts: 38
    Options
    :tongue: Thanks for posting!
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Congrats on your success..it is very inspirational.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Your post is very inspirational and I can so relate to the gaining so much weight and losing myself part. Thanks so much and good luck in your journey and all your outstanding goals!!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look amazing Krystle! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story, it really does motivate myself and others to keep on going!
  • nmccabe33
    nmccabe33 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I needed that today. You are an inspiration!!!
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story!!!! Keep up the good work:)
  • maorifulla
    Options
    awesome post, thanks for sharing :)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! You look great, thanks for sharing your story.:flowerforyou:
  • bigmommy2011
    Options
    Thanks for the post, I really need this today. You or inspiring to me.:smile: And yes we can do this One Day At A Time.Great job on your weight lost so far.WTG.:bigsmile: :happy:
  • kisha1977
    kisha1977 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story Krystle! You're right, I really needed that (smile)!
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ok. I am crying. I love your story. There are thousands of us who can relate and it's nice that you opened up to share. Continue great success on your journey.
    Monja
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! You look great! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!