New w/ hyporthyroid for the win!

Options
Okay, maybe not for the win, but I'm being optimistic. I've been using MFP for awhile and love it as a tool. I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community and both giving and gaining some support on this get healthy journey. Last week I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and am oddly relieved to know that there's actually a reason (aside from an addiction to croissants) for not being able to shake this weight.
Many positive thoughts to all of you as we figure all of this out and become healthier individuals!

And please, excuse the spelling error, ugh.

Replies

• staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    Welcome, I too have hypothyroid issues. Add me if you like and we can support each other.
  • LOUDlyn7
    LOUDlyn7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have hypothyroid too! luckily we can treat this disorder with oral medications... but i feel i definitely need to loose some weight in order to make it better and loose sleep apnea
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey you have another hypothyroid friend here! I was diagnosed 3 years ago and they finally got me on the right dosage of Synthyroid .88mg! Now that I have the correct dosage I am starting to feel better, happier and the weight feels like it is coming off easier. With hypothyroidism it seems like I will never lose the weight I want :( But I have faith that this time my medication is correct and I have seriously changed my eating habits! :)
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    Another hypo friend here. Welcome and feel free to add me!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Welcome, add me as a friend. I have hypothyroid, too. I actually had 1/2 taken out, but still need to take synthroid everyday. I always encourage people to listen to your body. My dr. wouldn't listen to me for so long that I ended up getting a goiter. I'm glad I finally found a dr. that would find out what was wrong with me. I'm a mom of four, wife, teacher, and Christian. I've lost 36 lbs so far and want to lose 16 more lbs.
  • augustamber
    Options
    Hi! It's great to meet all of you. It's really amazing how many people are struggling with hypothyroidism and weight and yet getting information from the medical community is really like pulling teeth. I hope we can support each other and meet our goals!