Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

TELLING MY STORY...*Because I know someone needs it*

Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
So I thought that this would be an awesome place to share my story and hopefully inspire someone who may need it today!

I was an athlete all my life, and have never been a skinny girl because I was normally one of the tallest, if not the tallest girl in my class and now I'm 5'10 and naturally have a solid frame. I was an all CIF- volleyball and softball player through high school and then I hit college. I hit college and decided not to play sports, and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I got to college, missed my friends and family and turned to food and a sedentary lifestyle. There were times that I can remember ordering a medium pizza and would eat almost the whole thing. I worked full-time and was a full-time student with no physical activity in my life. From the time I graduated high school to when I found out I was pregnant (5 year span) I had gained 90lbs. I don't even remember hitting 200lbs.

I tried Weight Watchers and quit, tried TurboJam when it first came out and quit, took diet pills and quit...I lost myself. I became pregnant with my son...I was so scared to gain anymore weight. My OG/GYN flat out told me that I couldn't afford to gain anymore than 15lbs. I gained 16, and after having my son I weighed in at 266lbs in September of 2008. I went to the doctor for a physical in November of 2009 and my doctor told me that if I didn't do something, I would die. My little brother had told my mom when he saw me gaining weight, "I don't want mu sister to die.". The fact that, at the time, a 12 year old could have the concept that I was so slowly killing myself was flabbergasting to me. So I knew I had to do something and fast! I knew that I was disgusted with who I had become, buying new sizes every few months, not confident enough to go out with friends that were thinner than me. It was enough!

I started on a 1200 calorie diet and walking two miles a day. I lost 17lbs the first month. I moved to Atlanta, GA in January of 2010 and started to take my life back in May. Started working out everyday and watching what I ate. Joined MFP in June of that year and just knew that if I stayed focused, I could do it. This time I used moving away from my friends and family as a time to focus on ME. My health and life was too important to let slip away. I had a son that I wanted to play with and to live for! Now less than a year from when I really decided to be stricter, I am 60lbs down! And have never been happier of what I have accomplished. I created a blog to chronicle my journey, started a challenge group on MFP, looking to write a motivational fitness book, became a BeachBody Coach and going for TurboKick and Zumba instructor training! I would have never thought that today I would be helping keep others motivated and accountable for their own health and fitness. I didn't have anyone to push me, to motivate me...I had to push myself!

Through this journey I have learned that it is doable, it is possible and we are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I still have 40 or so lbs to go, but I want to let everyone know that we can do it! Don't give up on yourself. Did I have days, weeks, and longer where I just messes up...yes! But I remembered what my goal was and there are temptations out there and we will cave sometimes...but never forget how amazing you are! Your body is a temple! Don't let your head get in the way of your dreams, your goals, and your destiny!

I am an open book if anyone needs any kind of motivation, advice etc. Let's do this! Let's take our lives back...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

-Krystle

MarchSide-1.jpg

Replies

• cassie128
    cassie128 Posts: 1 Member
    that is a beautifuul real story keep praying and god will see you through
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Thanks for the post!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Great post...very inspiring
  • poodle89
    poodle89 Posts: 17
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is definitely motivating me to stay on track. Congrats on your weight loss.:smile:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    That's awesome :) very proud of you, an inspired! Thanks for sharing.
  • snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    Great Story and thanks for the positive read! :flowerforyou:
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    I really needed to hear that today, thanks for sharing! :D
  • HollyLayman
    HollyLayman Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks for posting!!! Just what I needed to hear!!!:happy:
  • dot513
    dot513 Posts: 38
    :tongue: Thanks for posting!
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Thanks for sharing! Congrats on your success..it is very inspirational.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Your post is very inspirational and I can so relate to the gaining so much weight and losing myself part. Thanks so much and good luck in your journey and all your outstanding goals!!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    :flowerforyou: You look amazing Krystle! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story, it really does motivate myself and others to keep on going!
  • nmccabe33
    nmccabe33 Posts: 35
    Thanks for the post! I needed that today. You are an inspiration!!!
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Thanks for sharing your story!!!! Keep up the good work:)
  • awesome post, thanks for sharing :)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Very inspiring!! You look great, thanks for sharing your story.:flowerforyou:
  • Thanks for the post, I really need this today. You or inspiring to me.:smile: And yes we can do this One Day At A Time.Great job on your weight lost so far.WTG.:bigsmile: :happy:
  • kisha1977
    kisha1977 Posts: 33 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing your story Krystle! You're right, I really needed that (smile)!
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Ok. I am crying. I love your story. There are thousands of us who can relate and it's nice that you opened up to share. Continue great success on your journey.
    Monja
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story! You look great! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!