P90x

Options
I just finished the first week of p90x and it is brutal... I have been playing tennis my whole life and love to run, but I am so sore... Anyone has experienced anything like that? I would like to hear some experiences if you d like to share!

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Wicked sore the first week :) I actually only did half videos for part of the first week because the soreness was interfering with my running. I survived though ... and I am on week 6 right now!
    :)
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love P90x!
  • nezeray
    nezeray Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm fat and out of shape, P90x gets easier, just Bring It every day. Don't over do it though or you could hurt yourself!

Don't let holidays get in the way, exercise before or after the eating/lounging. :)

Hope that helps!

James
  • bumina
    bumina Posts: 5
    Options
    I did P90X for about two weeks and I ended up pulling a muscle in my back!! However, I haven't worked out in ages, so it was body yelling at me for going to much to soon. I have a friend who is doing something called Insanity.....he claims it's like P90X but with more variations.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    First week is murder, my dear. The second week gets easier. BRING IT! as hard as you can for the third week because you will have the blessed recovery week! After recovery, your body is in so much better shape to tackle the next phase and before you know it you are staring down the barrell of the last couple weeks of the last phase.

Push play everyday. Do your best and forget the rest. Take breaks if you need 'em. Modify if you have to (but try the normal move at least once) and you will see steady improvement in your stamina, weights, and reps.

Good luck to you!!!
  • pfgreco
    pfgreco Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I am totally with you on not able to work out while doing p90x my first week. I did not go running once that week, but will try to my attempt tomorrow because I miss it like crazy plus it keeps me from going insane:)...
    Good luck with week # 6!