Running Success

Options
Hi All!
I hadn't run since high school, so the thought of starting to run again was terrifying, if not unappealing...but I really wanted to do it! I started with the couch to 5K program, completed it, and ran my 1st 5K in November 2010! After taking a brief "winter break" from running, I was ready to get back into it again. My goals changed and I wanted to improve my time, and increase distance to eventually do a 10K in September 2011, having no idea how to properly do this without hurting myself or not pushing myself enough. I found this amazing website, www.carpe-dirun.com Using the personalized training plan they created for me, I was able to run a 5K within a month of starting running again! I am currently on my second month of training and I was able to run 4 miles for the first time in my life this past Saturday! What a great feeling :) I can't wait for my next road race mid-May!

Replies

• Mary1NYS
    Mary1NYS Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great! I used to be a runner and I remember that feeling of hitting a milestone for the first time! Such a great feeling!! I am thinking of trying it again soon so thanks for the inspiration!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I too recently started runnig and it is just an amazing feeling when you hit those milestones! I too just recently was able to complete 4 miles, my first 5K is next month and another in June, AND I too am looking at a 10K in September! So we are right on the same page! I'm gonna send you a friend request- maybe we can keep each other motivated!! :flowerforyou:
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    Sounds great! Definitely check out the website (if you want)...I really like the "personalized training plan." We can do this!
  • armywife1229
    armywife1229 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got my free two-week personalized plan trial. I start tomorrow. I am so excited!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing the website. I am a new runner and after completing my first 5K last month, immediately began researching more races. I can run a mile without a break (that's new for me!) and am looking forward to the day that I can run a 5K without stopping. My ultimate goal is to run the Vegas half marathon! "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars", right?
  • carro585
    carro585 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm yet another one of us new runners and will definitely check out that website. Last week I hopped on the treadmill and did my first ever 10k (not that long after first 5k....crazy!) but my left foot hurt for DAYS after. Maybe some actual coaching would help me know how to push myself without hurting myself....
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just started to run as well, I amazed myself by being able to run a full mile without stopping, i was never even able to do this in high school :D now I need to get more distance in, I do almost 3 miles in 37 minutes but no without walking a bit
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My friend and I did our first 5K last Saturday. We were so proud of our selves. lol We did walk a little but still so proud. I ran 3 miles tonight did stop once to tie my shoe and another to walk about 25 steps. (Yes I counted) A few months ago I could barly get out of the drive way. So every little step helps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!