Berry Delicious Angel Food Trifle...my version

Options
This is the desert I fixed for Easter dinner. We sampled it at our Sam's Club. I made a few adjustments to make it lower in fat/sugar. It was a huge hit with my father who is diabetic, my health concious mother, as well as my kids who couldn't care what's in it. In fact, they wanted seconds! Here is my version....

1 sugar free angel food cake (Walmart carries the SF version), it's about 8 or 9 oz.
8 oz container of light Cool Whip
1 oz package of sugar free instant Vanilla or White Chocolate pudding
1 pint fresh strawberries, cut up
1 small container fresh blue berries
(Any other fruit may be added or substituted, such as kiwi, shredded pineapple, other berries, etc.)

Make the pudding as directed on the box. Chill until firm. Cut up angel food cake into 1" x1" cubes. ( I only used about 2/3 of the cake.) Put aside. Mix fruit in a bowl and set aside. When pudding is firm, fold together pudding and whipped topping. In a trifle or large glass bowl, put a layer of the angel food cake cubes on the bottom. Add a layer of the pudding mixture. Top with a layer of mixed fruit. Repeat layers until all ingredients have been used (or until bowl is full). Chill, covered for at least 2 hours before serving. Store leftovers in covered congtainer in fridge. This would easily make 12 moderate servings.
Enjoy!!

Replies

• primalprime
    Options
    As her husband and taster of the recipe; It was Yummy!!!! :love:
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump, and sounds delicious!
  • bigmommy2011
    Options
    Bump Got to try this,Thx for posting it.God Bless:heart:
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump! always on the lookout for more or less guilt-free sweets!
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    bump
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • ang83
    ang83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • primalprime
    Options
    What's "Bump"? I'm totally lost :huh:
  • haileyco
    haileyco Posts: 68
    Options
    me too....what's bump?
  • kathyw731
    kathyw731 Posts: 22
    Options
    Bump!!!!!! Thanks. They have been doing this dessert at our Sam's. Very nice of you to share a "better for you" version. I'm definitely going to make this.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump...sounds yummy!!!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    me too....what's bump?

kind of like a placeholder so you can find it later on since it shows up on your profile....
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the delicious sounding recipe! I love the sugar free Cool Whip. Didn't know they had SF angel food cake mix.
  • Melzie2121
    Options
    bumping is moving the topic to the top of the threads but most people use it for place marking (like I'm doing right now haha)

*sorry, others responded already.. well now you know :)
  • primalprime
    Options
    Thanks for the insight on "Bump"